What Happened to Spring?
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: What Happened to Spring?
Thanks, tweeter and TW. We had an even worse migraine again on Thursday afternoon and Friday, so we didn't go online at all. The humidity has gone down noticeably today (at least outside--our apartment is another story). So we're doing better.

MDs
05-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Friendship/Support  RE: What Happened to Spring?
(05-17-2014, 08:47 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Thanks, tweeter and TW. We had an even worse migraine again on Thursday afternoon and Friday, so we didn't go online at all. The humidity has gone down noticeably today (at least outside--our apartment is another story). So we're doing better.

MDs

Gosh, you've had some week. I hope your discomfort is gone now, and you will enjoy the Snapple sampler (made that up) I left for you.
Sno1
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
05-18-2014, 03:33 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing better, thanks. Charity had some stressful dreams and woke up in a panic, but Mary helped her calm down. We went to Mickey D's for breakfast. Nothing like unhealthy food to help a person relax. Tongue

We did a boatload of laundry today. We've been known to buy more clothes in order to avoid going to the laundromat. It's not the washing; it's the schlepping that turns us off. So we end up waiting for weeks and then lugging two humongous, overstuffed mesh bags, plus all the ancillary materials, and making the schlep even schleppier, albeit less frequent.

After that, while listening to the Yankees split a single-admission doubleheader with the Pirates, we hung shirts to dry and put a lot of the other laundry away. The law of averages dictates that most doubleheaders end up being split with each team winning a game, and this one fit the mold. Now we've got the Sunday night game on ESPN.

Hoping all is well with you.

Laura and others
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2014, 11:06 PM by MakersDozn.)
05-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

RE: What Happened to Spring?
(05-18-2014, 08:39 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Doing better, thanks. Charity had some stressful dreams and woke up in a panic, but Mary helped her calm down. We went to Mickey D's for breakfast. Nothing like unhealthy food to help a person relax. Tongue

We did a boatload of laundry today. We've been known to buy more clothes in order to avoid going to the laundromat. It's not the washing; it's the schlepping that turns us off. So we end up waiting for weeks and then lugging two humongous, overstuffed mesh bags, plus all the ancillary materials, and making the schlep even schleppier, albeit less frequent.

After that, while listening to the Yankees split a single-admission doubleheader with the Pirates, we hung shirts to dry and put a lot of the other laundry away. The law of averages dictates that most doubleheaders end up being split with each team winning a game, and this one fit the mold. Now we've got the Sunday night game on ESPN.

Hoping all is well with you.

Laura and others

Greetings Laura and others,

Nothing like unhealthy food to help a person relax. Tongue
Pints of ice cream later, I heartily agree. Consider myself in ice cream rehab now, LOL. Enough.

I like doing laundry, but, yeah, not lugging it. No matter where I go around here my stuff comes out reeking of laundry product scents. Hence, I wash and hang-dry all clothes that don't go to the cleaners.
Much of my stuff has been so processed (except jeans or most sweatshirts -- washer, but no dryer) for years. Now everything but linens goes into the sink. Let's not go into the stink detox I put them thru when I get home. A partial solution at best. Found a large and pleasant laundromat, with TV.

As you know, I'm kind of so-so with sports in terms of serious interest. Was a Yankee fan as a kid. From the little I've seen, I like Tanaka. Also, Montreal Canadiens were a love of my past. I've been watching some of the Rangers-Canadiens interactions, much of which disintegrated into a disorganized mess. I like elegant hockey, a fabulous passing game, with surprises. Liked the Black Hawks last year. I hope California Chrome wins at Belmont. I like that pony.

Thank you for wishing me well. I can't say good stuff is coming my way. A 25-year medical relationship went down the tubes last month, but I saw this guy falling apart months before that. It seems that when I didn't agree to "worship" a colleague of his, someone who is apparently much feared (awe=fear in this case), then he will make sure I can't get expert medical help anywhere. I found that out in NY, etc. I am in trouble.

Didn't do anything except refuse to be a lab rat, refuse to kowtow to a tyranny of guidelines. Refuse to play games. Lots of lying going on, except for me. I didn't hurt anyone, but it doesn't make any difference. I am unbelievably easy to set up because I was trusting and didn't realize how rotten people can be, how they can turn if pressured enough. I keep to myself, but must get meds and have the right supervision. I know what I want to do, but it would take millions.

I was thinking about Charity. I don't have it in me right now to review negative introject info. The Ts don't necessarily agree. My own experience with the m*m, which I now know began in infancy, indicates that if the introject started with very early ab*se, it's probably as good as hardwired via the Limbic System of the brain. I made that last part up. I don't know if there is professional agreement anywhere, and I don't care. I know it for me.
Anyhow, my way of dealing is to be myself, to look for aspects of my nature to which this introject could attach and how to detach by simply being me, not by saying I won't be like her. That kind of reasoning, while understandable, might not give the expected results.
One needs to guard the sp. of self as sacred, and in that guarding, it is possible to learn how you, in fact, are not defined by a negative introject.
It gets cloudier when one has been made to feel inadequate, thus not become all she could be, not even know how. I have recently come to understand that as much as I ever will. I've successfully been my own advocate, and also failed in other instances because something was missing in me at the time, and/or I was opposed in a way I didn't know how to respond to. I'm not trying to define your experience. Just showing as much as I can of mine. Doesn't have to be the same in order to help.

I think that the times in this country, dealings among all of mankind, are such that it's bad for the human condition. It's a complex reality, including planetary instability, I'm spending much of my time unraveling in my own way. So, Charity, don't give up. Best I can do right now.

Wishing you all well,
tweeter
05-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Hi tweeter,

Thanks for thinking about Charity and the introject issue. She's talked about it with our T. They're focusing more on Charity's feelings than on technical definitions on what an introject is. This seems to be best.

Allegra and others
_____

Howdy,

Back to spring, or the lack thereof. Our indoor/outdoor thermometer said that it went up to 98F. Ninety. Eight. Freaking. Degrees. I'm sure that this is what the "F" stands for. Dodgy

Indoors, it only got up to 83F.

Yankees are in a rain delay in St. Louis. We're not going anywhere.

Laura and others
05-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Hi Allegra and those with you,
I appreciate that you got back to me. It was considerate, and nice. Give Charity my encouragement, please.
tweeter
Sno1

Hey, Laura and others,
That temp reading seemed just a tad high to me. I checked The Weather Channel for your area. The high for the day was 83 degrees F (of course it is Dodgy), occurring I think at 1:25pm.
From the same source, the high where I am was 87 at 3:45pm.
Thinking about it, I spent more time examining the inside of the frig. today.

Rain delay. I'll check the progress. I'm watching Top Gear (cars). Race
tweeter
05-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Top of the 12th inning....ain't baseball grand?

Charity appreciates your good thoughts. She's been inside resting since we turned on....Yankees just took the lead....the Mets at 1pm. Charity doesn't like sports.

We spent part of the afternoon manually backing up our blog. Blogger's tools only allow for exporting as news feed, or to another blog site. We had a previous experience where our blog server crashed and went out of business. If we hadn't backed it up, we'd've been up the creek.

Crossing fingers that the Yankees can prevent the Cardinals from scoring again. And that tomorrow is much cooler than today was.

Thanks,

Allegra and others
05-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Gosh, they're still at it! Yanks have bases loaded, with one out. Ha ha! Yanks lead 4-3, with bases loaded again. Now 5-3, two outs.
6-3.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in low 80s for both our regions. It's going to cool off after that

What do you mean by "manually backing up our blog"? And, are you into Cloud storage?

A peaceful beginning to Tuesday, for Allegra and whoever is still awake,
tweets
05-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: What Happened to Spring?
We manually back up our blog by saving the entries as text files (or WordPad / Rich Text files, to be precise). Blogger will only create XML files, which have all the code in them. We don't want the code; we only want the writing.

We have cloud storage on Box.com, but we don't use it as much as we should. We save everything on a portable hard drive.

Allegra and others
05-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

(05-27-2014, 10:46 AM)MakersDozn Wrote: We manually back up our blog by saving the entries as text files (or WordPad / Rich Text files, to be precise). Blogger will only create XML files, which have all the code in them. We don't want the code; we only want the writing.

We have cloud storage on Box.com, but we don't use it as much as we should. We save everything on a portable hard drive.

Allegra and others

Hi, Allegra and others,
I understand "text files" as the species I send to My Documents. Thanks for additional lingo. It doesn't apply to me, but I'll look it up.

I have a WD My Passport Essential SE, which I use with my xp laptop. FM gave it to me as a gift more than three years ago. He set it up, and unfortunately did not include me in that operation, a mistake.

There was a problem, many moons ago, during a software update download. I don't react well to an unexpected message popping up on the screen, especially when I'm in the middle of something new to me. Then, nothing exists for me except to get rid of the startling distraction. Well, I did. And also succeeded in getting locked out of WD.

Several phone calls later, during which time WD was uninstalled and reloaded at different levels of expertise..., while trying to convince me that I would love an upgrade, which I would have to pay for. The carrot of how much more I could do. I refused. I was satisfied with the simpler version.
In appearance, I have something that is not a complete upgrade, but it isn't what I had before either as it works without giving me a gradual account of what's going on. Well, it did once, one time, but then stopped. I've never tried to access a file from this little box of mystery because I don't feel it is as it should be. I was told not to experiment by WD, as it would be easy for me to be locked out again as the machine was (is). It might be best for me to start over with a new portable hard drive, and a different company.

Please don't misunderstand. I know it is for me to attend to this.
I'm filling you in as to my level of understanding, intuitive or otherwise. Portable seems to be working in its own way. Norton 360 accepts its backup mechanism.

I've heard noises re insecure nature of the Cloud. All I could think of was that the rains would come, and my stuff would land in an inaccessible aquifer.
Microsoft has provided it's cloud version, SkyDrive, for the 8.1 computer. I have Windows 8.1 For Dummies. Will read about it and get basics down, enough to turn the darned thing on. Frankly, I'm not comfie with anything Microsoft. Indeed, it seems everything is offering cloud storage. How did you choose Box.com?

I would like to maintain a portable hard drive, and Cloud (which I didn't realize was a viable option). If it's good enough for you, it is for me. For me: simple and secure.

Given my current stress level, I might do well to stay with Microsoft Cloud for now, or move to another Cloud incarnation and install that on both 8.1 and xp laptops, making possible a unity of storage for both OS. (?) Attend to the black box another time. Might be sensible. First time I've really thought this thru. Thanks.

It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow.

tweets
Sno1
05-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

No worries. We know that writing about this is your way of thinking it through. Smile

Good luck,

Allegra and others
05-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy Something good happened! The People 2 2,116 01-31-2020, 05:47 AM
Last Post: The People
  Something good happened in Canada! The People 4 3,327 01-27-2018, 07:53 PM
Question wat happened dreamers 2 2,430 09-11-2016, 12:12 AM