ARGH!
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
SRA content  ARGH!
The other night I was searching (always searching) the history of the RC church of my FOO. They had a historical list of what people served. Only one name was missing. Perhaps other RC people would know if the name of a defrocked priest would be stricken from any records? One who served when I was there. Only now I cannot find the site. Did I dream it? Rat Bastards! Don't know how to let it go.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
SRA content  RE: ARGH!
Do you feel safe contacting other red-dot survivors or survivor organizations (i.e. SNAP) who may be able to shed some light? No need to answer here; you may want to continue this discussion on HHZ.

Good luck.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 06:10 PM by MakersDozn.)
04-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Website Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
SRA content  RE: ARGH!
Finding answers can be so frustrating. Can definitely relate.
I will scroll now.

If this former "employee" of the church was defrocked there might be a newspaper article. Most clergy are usually transferred to another parish and their crimes hidden. So if they were defrocked by the church perhaps the victim's family had power or the church decided to make an example of him so that other crimes would not be brought to light.
Diocese often have a book with all churches, clergy, schools, etc that they give to all employees yearly. I was employed by a school and had these directories. You might try and see if the diocese or school might have a copy. If you know a teacher that has been employed during that time they would be a good resource.
Good luck!
04-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: ARGH!
Thanks folks! Forgot we put this here. And thanks for the subtle tip to take further conversation elsewhere. Ya know what? I feel vindicated. I know I am right. It would never hold up in court but I do know I finally have the right name. Smile I wouldn't win in court on what I don't have but I know I am right.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Find Reply