Today's Challenge
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Angry  Today's Challenge
I have applied to work with the boys and girls club which somehow got tied up with the boys and girls club. One of the references they want is an FM. Hellllloooooo! What % of families would be totally honest with someone if their sister or daughter or mother was applying? Especially when there are family issues from the past? f*ck that!

They want me to dig up a 4th person which can be done. But it is the principal of the matter. Centring me out. It is bullsh*t and I may consider dropping it altogether because of this. Just another reminder that we are alone in this life.Anon-32
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Caution  RE: Today's Challenge
Sorry you are going this. Can definitely relate. It is difficult when the job you seek requires personal references. My former colleagues, friends, family, neighbors, etc were all part of the group that harmed my child. So getting a positive reference from them would be out of the question.
Perhaps you can be honest with this employer and say you no longer have contact with your family.
Hope it works out for you!
03-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Today's Challenge
It isn't even work! It is volunteer. And I told them I have no contact so instead of 3 references I need 4. f*ck*ng sucks! And it just stirs up the waters.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-26-2014, 01:04 AM
Find Reply