Useful apps?
Downtherabbithole Offline

Threads: 29
Question  Useful apps?
Hi I was wondering if there were apps people might of found useful. ??
03-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Question  RE: Useful apps?
Hi,

Apps about what? Mental health?

We don't have a smartphone, so we can't be of much help personally. We hope other people have some ideas.

MDs
03-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Website Find Reply

RE: Useful apps?
I've been looking for apps that help people with insiders, but I realise that there really isn't much that fits specifically. But I was wondering, maybe people have found apps useful to particular parts.im not sure if I'm making much sense. I guess best way to describe what looking for is like thinks that parts can do to express themselves. Or relieve emotions or make portraits of themselves I once heard of app where everyone could draw picture of self. Oh oh I know, I know, mapping parts. I'm doing the figuring out pretty much alone except for some correspondence from someone who has helped ppl like me along with another lady. But he hasn't be enable to help as much as he'd wanted as we havnt been able to get together yet n he says its hardto explain by email. Issueswith work, time, emotions and trust have prevented catching up so far but insiders have been more willing to talk orcooperate when not at risk by outsiders. So I've set to try help parts n as I have a iPhone and use iPad for work n home tasks trying to put together apps to help have a space for everyone to go and have themself be heard or have something they can do to chill. I've tried a journal n asking them to write in there when needed to say something n even asked for identification of who said what cause didn't know who was there but didn't really work as not all parts express self thru writing or even words. So I found journal on iPad that can write, attach pictures n screen shots and even audio recording. But I feel some parts still havnt been heard, but I'm still not even sure how many n whose in there. Extreme ones are still far away but I guess I just wanted to put together apps on iPad that can help parts express self n needs as well as help when emotions get high for the emotional ones. Like relaxing music.or things to distract destructive parts. I guess I've known bout being different since a teen but I've tried living and pushing them all down to appear as one being even to my self. It wasn't safe to admit they were there. Only one or two close friends even know they exist. One accepts me for my condition, the other is the one who works helping ppl like me or should I say us. But I'm still very much alone. I am sorry my question before was so brief. The request had few words to described what was looking for. So I'm sorry. I hope maybe I've explained better, maybe someone has used apps that have helped. Now that I have joined a community where its safe to anonomously ask for help, there is less resistance inside to do so, as I've had issues with counsellors before so can't trust them easily now.
That's ok makers dozen that can't offer suggestions I realise not everyone would have smart phones, I only got mine because I had to travel long distance to and from work n often had to do work on route as lil time by time got home n iPad or iPhone helped me do that plus getting lost in middle of night meant wanted n needed a phone with GPS maps n loss of time meant I needed to...well u get the point. It was my way to carry a computer with me. Even now I'm writing this from my phone. This gives me access to ppl who may not of bad access to esp when didn't have Internet access otgerwise for nearly year. I did everything on phone. Anyways I digress, I wanted to say I appreciate you posting reply even if couldn't give suggestions makers dozen because I don't feel so alone, I feel like Ive been heard and someone cared enough to listen n respond. Before coming to this community. I was alone. Now I'm starting to feel like I'm not anymore. So thank you.
03-23-2014, 01:05 AM
Find Reply

Oh also anyone know bout apps that help to stay organised or budget or track life stuff. The everyday stuff that are good. I'm looking for ideas. They all keep tugging of war so have list track of even simple things like remembering to pay bills or do something or remember what I'd done that morning.
03-23-2014, 01:16 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Feedback  RE: Useful apps?
Hi again,

Thanks for explaining. We understand why you asked about certain types of apps on this board--because they can possibly help you with different aspects of dealing with life as a multiple.

If you're looking to get feedback on apps in general, though, it would be good for you to bring the discussion over to the Town Square board, which is for more general topics and is more likely to yield a response.

We hope this helps.

MDs
03-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dissociative+identity+disorder
03-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
https://www.google.com/#q=dissociative+identity+disorder+support+forum
03-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Find Reply

Again if I have offended u elizabethn for asking questions. I'm sorry. Ur links lead me to a google page and it feels like your suggesting that I should of looked it up rather than ask here. Again nothing to say if your annoyed at me or not. I don't find asking for advice easy, I usually try and figure it out myself. Doing a google search is what I'd do first and second and over and over using different terms to see if I could find something, I'd even in regards to apps search the app centre and other places to find suggestions or ideas, I'd do all this before asking anyone else. I'm sorry again if my questions annoyed or offended anyone. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I don't belong here. Maybe your right I should of stuck to google searches and figuring things out on my own. I'm sorry for bothering anyone.
03-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(03-29-2014, 12:36 AM)Downtherabbithole Wrote: Again if I have offended u elizabethn for asking questions. I'm sorry. Ur links lead me to a google page and it feels like your suggesting that I should of looked it up rather than ask here.

we all come here to ask questions when we're looking for advice and support. we may not always find solutions but we can expect to find empathy and interest - Google is not so good at that ;-). you are very welcome here and welcome to ask whatever you want. everyone here, including Elizabethn, is going through their own stuff and generally trying to be helpful. some people may be less communicative or communicate in a way that's difficult to interpret. this is their stuff, not yours. you have as much right to be here as anyone else.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Useful apps?
Yes, Downtherabbithole, what nats says is true. We're glad that you've posted here and hope that you continue to do so. No one here is responsible for the actions of other members. You have every right to be here.

MDs
03-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Website Find Reply