So what do you think
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Doing okay  So what do you think
of the new place? So glad you cannot actually see it as it is still bedlam. Moving from a 1 bedroom to a bachelor half its size has been crazy. I cleared out a lot of stuff before I moved and am continuing to do so daily. Some stuff was supposed to be picked up and wasn't so I am giving it to the Landlord. One is a huge bin that could be used as a baby crib.... well one would have to drill some holes. The other is my Christmas tree. It has been up 2x in the 10 years I have had it and while the box is mushed the tree is good. I have no room to either store or place it and really don't care. I will go through some of my ornament and dole them out to various places and people. I will keep some special ones but not too many. That will be half a day in itself.

Saw T on Wednesday which was meltdown day. I think Young Catherine was out who thinks she has to fix everything and then walks the plank when she cannot do it. T was really good and gave us some suggestions that helped. And just letting it out helped too.

My landlord is a treasure. So we will live with the fact that he never has time to vacuum. My walls are cement so I can blast my music when I want. He has not issues with me putting tacks in the wall etc. As mentioned in a previous post the last guy was an idiot about many things and nails was one of them $5 per hole after 5 holes. I am getting my full DD back. I didn't get it in writing in the beginning that they would pay in full if I was able to get out a day early. I was still there cleaning when the guy came to paint but it was well cleaned. Better than I had ever done previously and I was ready to die from exhaustion.

The girl at the office got mad because I kept writing and asking if the full refund was still on. She wouldn't respond. Finally I made a veiled threat (how would it look if a man who made a fortune selling land for a new arena was ripping off a woman on a disability?) and she responded yes with a tangent on my pestering her and yes I would receive it even if I didn't stick to the agreement. I wrote back that all she had to do was say yes or no and I would have stopped writing. And as for my not following through as per her request, I suggested that next time she put something like that in writing. I couldn't remember what she had said.

I am tired and discombobulated but I have calmed down and will have more money at the end of the month.Rootbeer
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: So what do you think
congratulations! moving is stressful no matter what and sounds like you all did really well ThumU.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Happy  RE: So what do you think
Moving definitely brings stress. Glad it all worked out.
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
your new place sounds very cozy. it's really a chore to move. hope you can get settled in soon.
02-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Thanks everybody. It is coming slowly but surely. I just did a space saver by taking all of my CDs out of the boxes and will put them all in one folder. The plastic boxes fill a small box and the new sleeve is the thickness of a kid's chapter book only longer. Time for peppermint tea and bed.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Find Reply