Moving again and life sucks
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Moving again and life sucks
Had a fight with *ssh*l* landlord today. Our lease is up at the end of January. He thinks we are a pain in the *ss because we notice and report things. If we hadn't decided not to renew lease I don't know if he would have the right to not do so (laws very b/t provinces. We have done nothing wrong and we have done nothing right.

We made a long list of reasons why we are moving and put CC Landlord and Tenant Department at the bottom. We will not get a good reference from him but he doesn't fix things properly, the dryer (1 of 2 for 26 apartments)

When we moved here we were in a daze. Some will remember that it was after the flood at the last place.

We have been panicky about availability so we looked on Kijiji. Fair number come on but they go off quickly, are more expensive and many don't take cats. It is tempting to move out of the city but we have T and PDoc here and a few friends although none close re space or relationship.

So overwhelmed. Decided not to put up a tree. And kitty goes for s*rg*ry on the 30th. We need 2 fillings. Life just f*ck*ng sucks.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Find Reply
Marley Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Moving again and life sucks
We also have landlord challenges, but can't afford to move.
If we could find something suitable and affordable, we would be moving, but also know moving s*cks.
Hope things settle for you in the new year.
Marley
12-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
(12-19-2013, 12:23 AM)The People Wrote: Had a fight with *ssh*l* landlord today. Our lease is up at the end of January. He thinks we are a pain in the *ss because we notice and report things. If we hadn't decided not to renew lease I don't know if he would have the right to not do so (laws very b/t provinces. We have done nothing wrong and we have done nothing right.

We made a long list of reasons why we are moving and put CC Landlord and Tenant Department at the bottom. We will not get a good reference from him but he doesn't fix things properly, the dryer (1 of 2 for 26 apartments)

When we moved here we were in a daze. Some will remember that it was after the flood at the last place.

We have been panicky about availability so we looked on Kijiji. Fair number come on but they go off quickly, are more expensive and many don't take cats. It is tempting to move out of the city but we have T and PDoc here and a few friends although none close re space or relationship.

So overwhelmed. Decided not to put up a tree. And kitty goes for s*rg*ry on the 30th. We need 2 fillings. Life just f*ck*ng sucks.

understand the overwhelm. hoping you find something suitable soon.
12-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Hi The People.......I found my new place on kijiji also. You are right about how fast they go up and go down. Even after 10 minutes, new places could be there. Ummmm I am not sure what province you live in but where we live we just found out about the "no pet" rule. The landlord cannot prevent you from renting a place if you have pets. The way they get around this is by saying that if any damages occur from the pets you are responsible for paying for repairs and that includes removal of smells. Same with smoking and non smoking places.....they cant evict you if you smoke but you will be responsible for any damages occurred because of the smoking, like discoloured walls and smells. I don't look forward to having to move all our stuff and packing, but I can't wait to get out of here. I hope you find something soon. And I hope your kitty is going to be ok.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
12-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Moving again and life sucks
The People,

We hope that you find a new apartment soon, and that your kitty's surgery goes well.

MDs
12-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
(12-19-2013, 05:49 AM)Marley Wrote: We also have landlord challenges, but can't afford to move.
If we could find something suitable and affordable, we would be moving, but also know moving s*cks.
Hope things settle for you in the new year.
Marley

If I could take it back I would not have given my notice. He had no reason to kick me out. I paid my rent on time. No parties. We argued and he asked if I was giving my notice. Begged. I said yes and wrote it out that day. Wish I could take it back. Story of my life. Things I have said and done...
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life 9Bears 6 3,357 03-27-2019, 05:55 PM
Last Post: The People
Sad Life The People 1 2,092 01-22-2016, 05:38 AM
Last Post: nats
Sad re moving The People 7 5,092 09-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Last Post: mosaic
Doing okay The Story of Our Professional Life MakersDozn 7 5,957 08-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn