Another weird coincidence
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Doing okay  Another weird coincidence
One might think I would get used to these but I never do.

I get these red spots on my arms. Sometimes a few, sometimes many. I have shown them to Dr. O, Dr. Butz. and the one before him. All looked at them and shrugged, not having a clue as to the mystery of them. They are not hives; they form just under the surface.

Today I was working on my book. I was coming to the description of the beginning of my awakening. Where I started to discover that I play a major role in my healing. As I wrote I scratched and just as I got to that part I looked at my arm where I had been scratching. I have a few dozen of those spots in various sizes. Suddenly it dawned on me. A shawl that my sister gave me years ago was made from some sort of wool. A very fine wool but still wool. I had never noticed it before. I am allergic to wool! Another problem solved although I am sad to be giving away my writing shawl. I will have to replace it with something. But what strange timing that I figured it out just as I was writing about figuring out other things! Just another me thing.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Another weird coincidence
I am glad you figured out what the spots were. Sorry you have to get rid of your writing shall though. I like how you worded that........"I started to discover that I play a major role in my healing".............I think that I am beginning to understand that more and more as time goes on. I see myself as more of a fence sitter. I am always just sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not I want to do this or not. I never stray too far away from the fence. But what I am realizing the longer I stay on that fence, the progress I should be making is not happening because it is missing the biggest piece.....ME. I need to play the major role in my healing, like you said..........
Thanks for putting this into words for me.
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
12-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Another weird coincidence
(12-08-2013, 12:10 AM)Tangled Web Wrote: ..But what I am realizing the longer I stay on that fence, the progress I should be making is not happening because it is missing the biggest piece.....ME. I need to play the major role in my healing...

hi Tangled, that's a really good way of putting it too.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
12-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Weird re phone The People 5 4,226 04-02-2015, 03:34 AM
Last Post: The People
  Too amazing to be coincidence The People 1 2,312 07-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Katz Krew