KA -And now for something completely funny
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: KA -And now for something completely funny
(12-09-2013, 12:26 AM)MakersDozn Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 06:43 AM)nats Wrote: actually the People aren't in an American-speaking country either Smile - it's always good practice to be careful about links you don't know, particularly when accessing from countries with different internet regulations from those of the post's origin. we can all be more aware of this so thanks for pointing it out.

Agreed. We believe that the intent was to indicate English-speaking countries, which of course include many beyond the US. Thanks for bringing this up.

MDs

I am not sure what you mean by an 'American speaking' country. your language is English just like mine. I have been around long enough to know not to post something that could be a risk. The post was from an Alberta TV station. It was actually on the news.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
it's not uncommon for those kind of things that are posted on tv station sites to be taken down after a period of time - which would explain why the link would no longer work.

it was a very funny video.
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: KA -And now for something completely funny
(12-09-2013, 07:51 PM)mosaic Wrote: it's not uncommon for those kind of things that are posted on tv station sites to be taken down after a period of time - which would explain why the link would no longer work.

it was a very funny video.

Thanks for the support mosaic. KA was feeling attacked. You and others who have known us for years know that none of usin here would post inappropriate videos etc.
12-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
Marley Offline

Threads: 2
Very sorry you felt attacked KA,
It certainly wasnt personal and we know that if a link was contaminated it would not be of your knowledge, it was something we wanted to bring to MMs attention because we didn't know if there was an unintentional error in the link, or if it was contaminated by the Adult site hackers as some form of sick joke of theirs.
we are aware hackers can hit a site and stay for a while or only a few seconds, but they are usually gone before detection, sometimes to repeat a few times before they move somewhere else. They can also slide under the radar of another country, and stay a little longer.
As this came from the mass media, their switchboard would have run hot, so the hackers would have pulled out quickly. we just happened (unknowingly) to hit that window before they pulled out.
sorry, it was not personal.

Oh, and yes, we post in almost-American, but it is a language not native to us.
Being from a non American speaking part of the world, we accept we need to learn American customs and language and sometimes we may unintentionally offend.

Marley
12-19-2013, 05:44 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: KA -And now for something completely funny
(12-19-2013, 05:44 AM)Marley Wrote: Oh, and yes, we post in almost-American, but it is a language not native to us.
Being from a non American speaking part of the world, we accept we need to learn American customs and language and sometimes we may unintentionally offend.

Marley

Your English is actually quite good, Marley. We never would have known that it's not your native language.

But, as we said before, it's a good idea not to use the words "English" and "American" interchangeably, because they don't mean the same thing. "American" refers only to the United States (we ourselves are American).

But there are many other countries besides America where English is the primary language. At Mosaic Minds we have members from Canada, England, Australia, to name a few, and all are native English speakers. So, perhaps it's a technicality, but it's an important distinction to those involved.

Anyway, back to our original point, which was that you communicate very well.

MDs
12-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

(12-19-2013, 05:44 AM)Marley Wrote: Very sorry you felt attacked KA,
It certainly wasnt personal and we know that if a link was contaminated it would not be of your knowledge, it was something we wanted to bring to MMs attention because we didn't know if there was an unintentional error in the link, or if it was contaminated by the Adult site hackers as some form of sick joke of theirs.
we are aware hackers can hit a site and stay for a while or only a few seconds, but they are usually gone before detection, sometimes to repeat a few times before they move somewhere else. They can also slide under the radar of another country, and stay a little longer.
As this came from the mass media, their switchboard would have run hot, so the hackers would have pulled out quickly. we just happened (unknowingly) to hit that window before they pulled out.
sorry, it was not personal.

Oh, and yes, we post in almost-American, but it is a language not native to us.

Marley

She has moved past it so not to worry. She is hiding from Christmas as it is not her favorite time. And I think there are probably a lot of trap doors in place to catch attempts at hacking as in the old version there were a few issues thus the need for passwords etc.
12-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Feedback  RE: KA -And now for something completely funny
(12-22-2013, 04:53 AM)The People Wrote: I think there are probably a lot of trap doors in place to catch attempts at hacking as in the old version there were a few issues thus the need for passwords etc.

At MM, yes, there are protections against intruders. But we think that Marley was referring to possible hacking at YouTube, or wherever the video had been posted.

MDs
12-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Doing okay  RE: KA -And now for something completely funny
(12-24-2013, 04:07 PM)MakersDozn Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 04:53 AM)The People Wrote: I think there are probably a lot of trap doors in place to catch attempts at hacking as in the old version there were a few issues thus the need for passwords etc.

At MM, yes, there are protections against intruders. But we think that Marley was referring to possible hacking at YouTube, or wherever the video had been posted.

MDs

It was on Yahoo and from a Red Deer newscast. Red Deer is half way b/t Edmonton and Calgary. I don't there really are red deer except for Rudolphs nose.
01-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: KA -And now for something completely funny
(01-01-2014, 11:35 PM)The People Wrote: It was on Yahoo and from a Red Deer newscast. Red Deer is half way b/t Edmonton and Calgary. I don't there really are red deer except for Rudolphs nose.

Maybe they're really auburn deer? So say our middles, taking a guess.

MDs
01-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy Another funny - well for me The People 0 1,256 11-29-2019, 04:54 AM
Last Post: The People
Happy Funny line on Frasier re-run The People 3 2,333 11-29-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: The People
  Funny T response The People 2 2,196 03-12-2019, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Collectively US
  Opinion. Funny or not? The People 2 2,538 07-16-2018, 03:06 AM