RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - tweeter - 11-14-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - nats - 11-15-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - MakersDozn - 11-15-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - tweeter - 11-26-2013, 04:30 AM
Wikipedia. A surprise!
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise!
Hi. I greet you from the land of bad cold or mild flu (if such a thing exists). Indeed docs can't know the difference for sure unless a test is done within the first couple of days of onset. I got that sensible-sounding info from Center For Disease Control & Prevention. I seem to be doing all right.

You have a lightheartedness about you that is quite unlike me, for whom things are quite serious indeed. Not that I'm expecting trench coats at the door. It depends where you are, and what you are to whomever. I give myself time to be joyful.

There are, indeed, conspiracies/alliances for money and power on a scale that I have not seen before, some exhibiting what I see as depraved indifference. Natural human behavior, unfortunately. It's the degree that has gotten my attention. The reason for proliferation is overly rapid communication and sloppy control of technology, along with a lack of leadership and growing deterioration of rational law. There seems to be no way to escape the electronic paper trail (including records from disliked docs (the feeling was mutual), incorrect records, etc.).
We had the Stone Age, and so forth. This is the Age of Denial. I am an intuitive generalist, who is grounded in my humanity. It's the connection between the two that's tricky.

Google has pulled a fast one on consumers, all for their own good (convenience). There was quite a stink on this in a Yahoo blog. I howled with them. In G-mail, they've foisted some automatic file folders on the system (Promotions, Updates, etc.). So some of my mail automatically goes into those folders, from which I remove it. Much of this so-called organization is ridiculous. One can let it overtake your ways, or work around it. Just a little inept mail sorting? Sure. What else can they do at the drop of a hat?

Before, I could just log on to G-mail; now it's an automatic log on to the Google empire. So, I'm automatically in Youtunes, for instance. I have a good habit of signing out from most sites when I depart. Well, if I sign out of Youtunes, I'm automatically signed off from G-mail. My G-mail is generally on for the duration of my computer session. Also, as I understood it from way back, I didn't have the same privacy concerns when signing on to G-mail only.
I don't think it's difficult to make the jump from this sort of stuff to a link that appears on Wiki which is identical to a folder in my G-mail. Wiki isn't Google, but you get the drift.

I'm also technically simplistic. I have on occasion clicked the wrong thingie (especially when confronted with a sudden popup that I want gone immediately), only to be stuck permanently with a more advanced version of a computer program, for instance. I could barely handle the one I had. There's other stuff going on with a waning Windows XP computer which I love, that makes the validity of any website suspect, even Microsoft updates.

Last, but not least, I'm already in a battle, more than one. The ones against: 1. An almost species-wide state of denial; 2. need for entertainment or distraction that is epidemic in nature; and, 3. the popularization of gr*ph*cally intense material (again on an alarming scale) in TV, news or movies, and video games, which is habituating people to things that just go too far........ I leave these to other people. I tried with #1. A thankless task, though it's hard to see friendships eroded by this and not try to do something. I can't be the remedy.

We're comin' from different places. I appreciate what you brought to this thread. I took time to absorb it as it was meant before answering. Thanks,
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 05:19 PM by tweeter.)
11-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Wikipedia. A surprise! - tweeter - 11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - tweeter - 11-09-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - The People - 11-09-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - tweeter - 11-14-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - nats - 11-15-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - MakersDozn - 11-15-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: Wikipedia. A surprise! - tweeter - 11-26-2013, 04:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post