More on friendships
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  More on friendships
As mentioned on steam I lost a friend last week. She was from my old city (deleted details as they aren't part of the question)

This woman was a bit shy and you had to get behind her shield to see what an intelligent woman she was, warm heart, a bit anxious...

I remember visiting her classroom one day to check on something. She introduced me as "This is Ms Root Name. (Job details) And she is someone I would like to get to know better!" Al this with barely making eye contact; shy sincerity.

I was stunned. I didn't own a pair of shoes that weren't scuffed. She always knew how to make everything match. Because of her husband's job they were a bit upper crust in the city. My old boss used to make fun of her but I had gotten past that as said boss was an idiot who made fun of everyone?

But why would she want to be friends with little ole me? I get confused over this many times. Not just with this friend but with others too. The friend I made both in university and there, and starting here. I look in the mirror in puzzlement. Confusion. These are people that have so many options for friends who love and admire them. And they choose me? Perhaps they choose the cut out of me that I place in front. One like they had of Justin Bieber in the perfume dept at Shoppers Drug Mart. But who would want to be friend s with a piece off cardboard? I do not get it. I asked a friend about this once. Why she would want to be friends with me as I was mopey and frumpy. She named off some characteristics I couldn't see and didn't view as counting when it comes to the important things in a friendship. I wouldn't want to be friends with me if I was in a separate body. Why do other people want this?

I know we have talked about people who stick pretty close to here for friendships but have made connections at work or whatever in various ways. Do you ask the why thing?
10-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: More on friendships
(10-28-2013, 02:05 PM)The People Wrote: As mentioned on steam I lost a friend last week. She was from my old city (deleted details as they aren't part of the question)

This woman was a bit shy and you had to get behind her shield to see what an intelligent woman she was, warm heart, a bit anxious...

I remember visiting her classroom one day to check on something. She introduced me as "This is Ms Root Name. (Job details) And she is someone I would like to get to know better!" Al this with barely making eye contact; shy sincerity.

I was stunned. I didn't own a pair of shoes that weren't scuffed. She always knew how to make everything match. Because of her husband's job they were a bit upper crust in the city. My old boss used to make fun of her but I had gotten past that as said boss was an idiot who made fun of everyone?

But why would she want to be friends with little ole me? I get confused over this many times. Not just with this friend but with others too. The friend I made both in university and there, and starting here. I look in the mirror in puzzlement. Confusion. These are people that have so many options for friends who love and admire them. And they choose me? Perhaps they choose the cut out of me that I place in front. One like they had of Justin Bieber in the perfume dept at Shoppers Drug Mart. But who would want to be friend s with a piece off cardboard? I do not get it. I asked a friend about this once. Why she would want to be friends with me as I was mopey and frumpy. She named off some characteristics I couldn't see and didn't view as counting when it comes to the important things in a friendship. I wouldn't want to be friends with me if I was in a separate body. Why do other people want this?

I know we have talked about people who stick pretty close to here for friendships but have made connections at work or whatever in various ways. Do you ask the why thing?

I think more then not we ask the why thing. There are very few people in this world that we/the host have stayed friends with long term. This place is the one we always tend to find ourselves coming back to over and over again as is the only place we feel like we are amongst real friends that understand us.

We don't ever view ourselves as the those on the outside view us and can't understand how they see what they see in us. Only way we have managed to keep any long term friendships is by being friends with those people long distance for many years. Or the other few were the ones that saved us many years ago and I think they stay around because they feel sorry for us and don't want us to be alone honestly although that is not how they word it.

We may not be on much do to our own insecurities and health issues but when and if we are we are here to chat if ya like. Ya aint alone The People in this.

Katie and crew
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: More on friendships
Sometimes we ask the why thing to outside people. It depends on who it is and the frame of mind we are in. We have a sort of rule that we follow inside........don't ask the question if you are not prepared to hear the answer......so that usually leaves a lot of questions unasked and the why question is one of them. BUT we ask ourselves WHY ALL the time. And try to figure things out internally.
Some times depending on who is "out" and who they are talking to they ask why a person would say something nice like that trying to see if the person really meant it or they were just talking off the cuff. It is hard to believe the nice things people say sometimes, but it gives us hope that if they see those things us maybe one day we can see those things also.
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friendships in general The People 2 1,996 05-25-2020, 03:26 PM
Last Post: The People
  Friendships and trust Tangled Web 11 7,838 10-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Tangled Web