Messages In This Thread
RE: What movies gets you every time? - tweeter - 10-23-2013, 04:49 AM
What movies gets you every time?
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: What movies gets you every time?
(10-22-2013, 02:31 AM)The People Wrote: We seem to have common tastes in movies. Comedies are my favorites where there is a message in there if you pay attention. I also like the Sister Ac Movies. And Michael is one of our "we need comfort" movies as it reminds us to believe. For some it is God but it is also about learning to trust and believe in ourselves. Plus we have our own Angel Michael who is a protector.

There are meetings of the giggles. And we both like to find personal meaning in cinema. My favorite subject matter is often emotionally intense, physically combative, and beautifully filmed. I need to relax my mind as well, for balance.

Interesting that the name Michael comes up, again, in the form of the Archangel. I did a little research. From what I've seen, you couldn't have a better protector. There is something comforting about this entity, even as viewed by an atheist.
I discovered him, those protective wings, in a painting in St. Patrick's Cathedral. The same day, I met a priest who was named Michael, in another church. I hadn't recalled the movie. Thanks.
I'll return to St. Patrick's to see if I feel the same way. I think I will. The painting of Michael and Jesus on either side of Joseph (if I remember correctly), is lovely and I'd like to know its significance and obtain a small copy of it.
I go briefly and sporadically to different kinds of churches for the music, a quiet place to rest & look at structure and art, and sometimes a place to come to terms with the impossible (as it was last Sunday, after a movie I saw on TV on Sat. night shook me up).
I've learned not to say much because I'm misunderstood as being ready to take on a faith. I have my ways, and am not "open minded" as some would describe me. I didn't realize that in describing, because I'm asked, some of how I view things, I was insulting. I found that out when fm told me about a book he wanted to read by C.S. Lewis. I looked it up online and came upon a passage, and was corrected.

Back to movies......

I liked the Bourne series, especially The Bourne Ultimatum. Didn't care to see The Bourne Legacy. Phenomenal rhythm to the action that fit with the music. Good martial arts.
Hurt Locker (war); The Tiger and the Snow (Roberto Benigni); 2001, A Space Odyssey; Andrei Rublev (4-hr. Russian work of art about the life of the famous icon painter, shows the times, the wars; Diva; Bagdad Cafe; Batman Begins; The Dark Knight (about as dark as it gets); Lancelot du Lac (war in middle ages); Ronin (crime drama); Leon: The Professional (crime drama); Stanley and Iris; Moonstruck (Cher & Nicolas Cage); Heat (1995 crime drama with De Niro and Pacino); some of The Lord of the Rings series; The Trip to Bountiful (family drama); Ratatouille; Howl's Moving Castle; The Devil Wears Prada; The French Lieutenant's Woman; Falling in Love (De Niro and Streep); Serendipity (light romantic movie with John Cusack); Ran (Kurosawa. rough); Dreams (Kurosawa. Vivid and beautifully filmed. Not suitable for littles); Groundhog Day; Siberiade (1979 Russian movie); 3 Women (fabulous example of American cinema, but depressing as heck); Hunt For Red October; Oblomov (Russian movie).

Nice to think back. So many I've forgotten.
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2013, 04:53 AM by tweeter.)
10-23-2013, 04:49 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What movies gets you every time? - tweeter - 10-23-2013, 04:49 AM