i'm back
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: i'm back
tweeter: The Pogue article was good, and we printed it. Thanks.

The People: Yeah, it would be good if we could meet someday. While weve always wanted to take a trip north of the border (Edmonton Mall, anyone?), chances are pretty much nil. We had also talked with the Ocean about the same thing, but as you said, they haven't posted for a while.

MDs
10-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: i'm back
(10-22-2013, 01:26 PM)The People Wrote: LOL.

I was thinking of you and MD last night. In Canada we have an air miles program where we get points for shopping at certain stores. Many of mine come from getting my meds (for a variety of things) from Safeway. I would almost have enough to go to NY. I have never seen it and it would be fun to go there and meet up with youse guys. Sadly one must pay for hotel and other things (camping in someone's home doesn't work for us) Our doctor might be able to make a case for us to leave the country to go to something positive 9meeting other multiples) but if not we would lose income for the time that we were gone. Ah well. Some day. Ocean and I have talked about that a lot but we haven't seen her in a while. It is scary for us to think about flying all that way to meet strangers we have known for 10 years if you get my drift.

Theoretically, this group meeting sounds good. I know I'm financially tapped out, and I don't fly (ear and eye problems in response to rapid altitude changes, including mountain passes), so the timing isn't right to turn the meeting in the other direction, Canada. MDs have the right idea, Edmonton Mall.
It's a nice thought. Sno1
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
10-23-2013, 05:31 AM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: i'm back
(10-22-2013, 06:25 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: tweeter: The Pogue article was good, and we printed it. Thanks.

The People: Yeah, it would be good if we could meet someday. While weve always wanted to take a trip north of the border (Edmonton Mall, anyone?), chances are pretty much nil. We had also talked with the Ocean about the same thing, but as you said, they haven't posted for a while.

MDs

Hi, I forwarded by email (copy and paste) the Wall St. Journal article on laptops.
I read somewhere that Microsoft support for W7 was ending in 2015. FM read the same thing yesterday. Oh boy.
And my traveling wings have molted. Maybe another time for me too.

tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
10-23-2013, 05:40 AM
Find Reply