Dear Perimenopause:....
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: Dear Perimenopause:....
No doubt. What sucks is being in limbo. Sez we who just had the Hot Flash du Jour.

Thanks,

Laura and others
02-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Other/All/Unsure   RE: Dear Perimenopause:....
Hot flash update: The last couple of days have been brutal. To make things worse, we have a cold. With hot flashes, the urge is to cool down. But with a cold, the need is to sweat it out.

It's hard enough being pulled in different directions as a multiple, but being pulled in different directions for physical health reasons really sucks. Undecided

Laura and others
06-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Friendship/Support  RE: Dear Perimenopause:....
Hi, I take it you don't get the chills that can occur after a hot flash? Used to happen to me. It's a real trip, going back and forth like that. Being pulled in different directions can happen in a lot of ways. Right. Stretched pretty thin here too.

Sorry about the cold. I've left a selection of soups, and Snapple (of course).

tweets
Sno1
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Thanks. Sipping the Snapple as we speak.

Our indoor-outdoor thermometer said that it got up to 98F today. Dunno if that's accurate, but it's bad enough. AC has been full-blast, and ceiling fans have been going. Crossing all appendages for meteorological moderation to come ASAP.

Laura and others

PS....We don't get chills after a hot flash, at least not that we've noticed.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014, 04:52 PM by MakersDozn.)
06-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Dear Perimenopause:....
(06-03-2014, 04:50 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Thanks. Sipping the Snapple as we speak.

Our indoor-outdoor thermometer said that it got up to 98F today. Dunno if that's accurate, but it's bad enough. AC has been full-blast, and ceiling fans have been going. Crossing all appendages for meteorological moderation to come ASAP.

Laura and others

PS....We don't get chills after a hot flash, at least not that we've noticed.

Hi, Weather Channel said that high temp. in your area was 79. It's around 64 now.
Where I am, the high today was 83. It's 73 now. I have a warm-hot dwelling year round, southern exposure.
FM has been in Alaska since 5/24 (before that, lots of places). He and bf are heading homeward, for a bit, where temps are over 100. Hot season. They are traveling animals.

I haven't turned on AC yet. Temps haven't gotten stuck at over 80 or so range for days on end, with lows over 70. Then, the building begins to hold too much heat. Unbearable for me. I'm not comfie right now, but can't afford a sky high elec. bill, not if I can manage. Would like to hold out until July....... maybe. Big maybe.

I wasn't clear enough. My fault. It's not all out chills. Can be feeling cold after feeling overheated, in that special way. I think that the physiological reason is that there is a tremendous release of heat, which can leave body generally temporarily not warm enough. Perspiring profusely during a flash, and then having that process end, can lead to this as well. It can be like a sea saw between the two -- hot-cold, cold-hot -- which is a real trip. Or there can be a chill in specific muscles, like in neck and back. That can result in muscle spasms in women who are so prone.
tweets
Sno1
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Okay, thanks for explaining. We haven't had what you describe, though. Just hot flashes of varying intensity and length.

Doing better today.

MDs
06-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

More female stuff. Our males have gone into hiding and are....scratching themselves or something. Whatever. Dodgy

Rather than start another menstrual/menopausal thread, we figured we'd just contain our b*tching here instead of taking our gripes about "Aunt Flo" elsewhere.

The body is 52 (will be 53 right after New Year's). Been going through menopause for roughly a year and a half. Much to our dismay, Aunt Flo doesn't just leave home for good; like a bad penny, she seems to re-appear now and then every few months, causing us enough disruption to want us to tell her to FOAD for good.

From late September 2013 to early January '14, 3.5 months without her presence. Early Feb, early March, then two months without her until early May. Then nothing for the rest of spring and summer. Counting. Three, four, five, six, seven and a half months of freedom.

Then, this past Monday, on come mood swings strikingly similar to that of the PMDD we've experienced in the early stages of menopause. Ugh. We figured it was actually stress from dealing with our parents' estate, cleaning out the house in prep to sell it sometime next year. And ongoing system/T stuff. CPTSD crap.

But no, Aunt Flo has to show her butt-ugly face on Christmas Eve and ruin our holiday. Our family is Jewish, so there wasn't going to be an event to attend. But brother #1 (B1) and his wife were in town and were meeting brother #2 at the house to do some more cleaning. We told each brother that we would see how we were feeling, and not to count on us coming.

On Christmas morning, we called B1's cellphone, and SIL answered it while B1 was driving. We explained to her that we'd had a hitch in our menopause process and were feeling lousy. SIL had gone through it two years ago, even though she was only 45 at the time. We made plans to all meet at the house this Saturday, not for more cleaning, but to exchange gifts and go out to eat.

And here we are. We're not in the physical/emotional/hormonal agony of a couple of days ago, but the setback in the menopause process is discouraging. It's generally not considered done until the body has gone for a year without a period. And now we're back on the clock again.

Bleh. Undecided

Laura and others
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 06:59 PM by MakersDozn.)
12-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Website Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Dear Perimenopause:....
i remember that frustration well - going so many months without and then... . BAM.

just letting you know i understand.
12-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Thanks. We appreciate the support. So much of our life has been in disarray and causing stress for so long. This only adds to it.

Laura and others
12-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

We had an awful weekend. Heat and humidity do not mix well with menopause. We had the AC and the ceiling fans going the whole time, but we live on the second floor of a house, and we get the heat absorbed by the roof.

Which leaves us, oddly enough, glad to be back at work. Bleh.

Laura and others
06-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply