The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
appointment today - Tangled Web - 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: appointment today - The People - 09-24-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: appointment today - Tangled Web - 09-24-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: appointment today - The People - 10-03-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: appointment today - Tangled Web - 10-05-2013, 11:21 PM
appointment today
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
appointment today
Today I saw my T and I learned something new. She told me that I would not be able to change how think about things related to my childhood until I learned how to deal with the emotions. She said that our emotions fuels our thoughts like an energy that keeps the motor continually running. That click with us and made sense on some level.
I guess I am starting to understand why it is so important to have emotions and the part they play in the healing process, but the more I learn about this I find the more afraid I get. For me feelings aren't really attached to anything and that is how we keep things not being real and if they are not real then they won't bother us and then the past can be so easy to deny. Feelings terrify me and can get so out of control so quickly.

Then my T did something that completely shocked us. She brought out this purple bear and gave it to us. She said her grandson who is 16 1/2 cleaned out his room and was getting rid of this bear and she thought of us and asked if she could have it. He gave it to her and she wanted to give it to us, something we could use while we were in her office if we wanted it. It was such a nice thing to do and she is being so very nice to us.
It worries me though. What happens to us when she changes her mind about us and stops liking us? What happens if she starts to hear their stories and see how awful they behaved or thinks that they got what they deserved? What if that happens and everything changes? We are so worried about screwing this up and disappointing her and her seeing what we believe of us is actually true.
What if that happens?
Then I think well what if it doesn't happen? What will that mean? OMGOSH I am so confused!
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
appointment today - Tangled Web - 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: appointment today - The People - 09-24-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: appointment today - Tangled Web - 09-24-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: appointment today - The People - 10-03-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: appointment today - Tangled Web - 10-05-2013, 11:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy 2nd T appointment aka making littles happy The People 4 5,215 09-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Last Post: The People