The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Support group for multiples - The People - 08-20-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Support group for multiples - Reilly - 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Support group for multiples - Blue - 08-25-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Support group for multiples - nats - 09-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Support group for multiples
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Support group for multiples
I am waiting for a call back from a woman that I know who was introduced to us by phone long before we moved here. She works at a centre for people with all sorts of dark day issues.

Prior to moving to this city I had been warned about the lack of support. While not really believing it - couldn't imagine it as my smaller town/city provided me with all I needed by way of support. They learned as they went but they were open to me and mine.

However, knowing that there was no support I decided that I would start a support group. I was in a really good place in those months prior to moving. By selling my condo I removed all of my debt. Coming to terms with having to leave everything behind I was focusing on what I thought the big city would offer. Well, the debt free did not last long and with one thing leading to another I am poor and isolated as many here have acknowledged to be their state of being. I consider going back to work but it is like I self sabotage as soon as that idea comes up and I crash again.

Recently the idea of having a support group for multiples has wandered to the forefront of my running mind. Just wonder. If you knew that the place you were going to was safe, how would you feel about going to a support group for multiples? There are always thoughts like "what if somebody knows me?" but they would not be there if they were not dealing with the same thing. There is the risk of dealing with everybody switching and it being a lot of mumbo jumbo but with some ground rules in place I think that could be dealt with. My own switching flows for the most part and the change does not usually mean loss of topic; just a different perspective.

I am quitting the volunteer job I was doing for a few years for a few reasons. It is time to move on. However, I need human contact and without it I will drown. An occasional coffee and yoga where everyone goes into their own space doesn't cut it.

Thoughts? People do meet ups so I wonder what they would think of the group factor? I did read one book a lifetime ago where a guy tried to run a therapy group for multiples and it ended in chaos but this would not be for therapy; simply for sharing.
08-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Support group for multiples - The People - 08-20-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Support group for multiples - Reilly - 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Support group for multiples - Blue - 08-25-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Support group for multiples - nats - 09-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Setting upp a support group The People 6 4,736 06-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Last Post: The People
  building support networks Tangled Web 13 12,250 11-03-2012, 05:27 AM