The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
The hunt for a new psychiatrist - Elizabethn - 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: The hunt for a new psychiatrist - nats - 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: The hunt for a new psychiatrist - nats - 12-21-2012, 06:04 PM
The hunt for a new psychiatrist
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Other/All/Unsure   The hunt for a new psychiatrist
We had a conflicted relationship with a psychiatrist who was a genius with medications--would have fired him if he weren't so good at that stuff. Got nicely stabilized on a complicated cocktail, then got a life that made it just about impossible to see him any more, so he discharged us after having not seen us for a year.

That was, oh, maybe two or three years ago. You know how it goes with time.....

Anyhow, the meds are no longer working right and I'm well over 50% off the deep end. I've lost count of how many blankety-blank shrinks I've called,only to hear they don't take our insurance or are not accepting new patients, or they only do therapy AND meds, not just meds. Yeah, like I'm going to sever my 20-year t relationship for the sake of meds?

I finally resorted to calling down the Yellow Pages listings and FINALLY found one within a commutable distance who appears to take my insurance. Now I have to survive another three weeks to get in. It's end-semester crunch, life has been messed up by the "superstorm," I have brain zaps from hell, unending anxiety and frequent panic attacks, and Mr. EN is home recovering from surgery and is therefore very out of sorts with his own routine disrupted.

I. am. going. crazy.

And did I mention I know NOTHING about this shrink except his name and address? NOTHING. Going in completely blind here. Am I about to encounter another Medical Deity who thinks dissociative people are psychotic, have schizophrenia and/or are histrionic malingerers? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA................
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
The hunt for a new psychiatrist - Elizabethn - 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: The hunt for a new psychiatrist - nats - 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: The hunt for a new psychiatrist - nats - 12-21-2012, 06:04 PM