The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Happy Mother's Day for those who celebrate - The People - 05-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Happy Mother's Day for those who celebrate
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Friendship/Support  Happy Mother's Day for those who celebrate
For years I didn't celebrate this. Not just because of her but because of me and other things I would prefer not to get into. What I did do was use the day to recognize what I had lost. I would put flowers down in a special place. I have no need to do that anymore but it was part of the healing process.

Tomorrow I will join my friends for dinner. I am proud to say that I bring something to this family. They were never ones to celebrate anything but Christmas. The mother of the house who is my friend is in her 80s loves to be fussed over. So I have made a change in the way they do things for her. I am proud of that. She is nothing like my own mother and I don't look upon her as a replacement. We are friends who fill gaps in each other's lives.

Her son will gook. He is a good cook. He is close to me in age but there is no romantic twist there. Certainly not on my part. Should he try to make it so I will brush him off but we do get along as friends. And with his own issues, he appreciates what I bring to the group. Things he doesn't think of, a sounding board for him and his mother that has actually allowed them to get along better.

My friendship mix is quite unique. And mostly I am OK with that.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Happy Mother's Day for those who celebrate - The People - 05-09-2020, 07:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay The mother's words The People 2 3,225 09-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Last Post: The People