The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
We are confused by the housemates - dreamers - 05-05-2019, 02:07 AM
We are confused by the housemates
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Caution  We are confused by the housemates
Hi guys,
We need help figuring out if we should have said it differently when we asked our housemates to warn us about parties ahead of time or if they were just being super mean back for no reason. We tried to remember what T said and use “I messages” like saying what we need instead of saying what others are doing... we just don’t get what went wrong and why she got mad and said we were lying about what we said about us.

So last night, they had a super loud, super long party late at night. One of them said like 5 minutes before it started “ we are having people over so text me if you have issues during our party.

So, when it got so loud that Daniel was having a hard time hearing us we texted her and said exactly “ can you please turn it down some my dad and I are having trouble hearing each other on Skype thanks”

She texts back with “ okay” but never noticeably turned it down. We are very sensitive to sounds and so Daniel could tell we were struggling so he said why don’t you ask her if they can tell you ahead of time next time

So you can leave for the night. They might not know you are sensitive to noise. So, after Daniel and I finish, I texted her again (and this is the one We are confused about because she reacted very aggressively ( emotionally aggressive I mean

We said exactly: In future if you could let me know a day or two ahead of time time when you are going to have a party, it would really help me out because then I can plan to go to my mom’s house. I am sensitive to higher volume levels. So it’s hard for me to be around parties.

She said “ you listen to music all the time so you can’t be sensitive to it. Quit playing games. Yes our music at its loudest can only just be heard in the hallway right outside the interior door of our bedroom (we are renting a bedroom in a 6 story house) according to my pca and the nicer roommates.

Hers by contrast seems to consume all of our space and make it so we cannot hear anything we want to listen to ( so much so that Daniel gets annoyed on Skype) and she’s 2 floors above my room.

So, anyway, should we have worded the bold text differently? Probably because it didn’t quite hear us correctly, we noticed after we sent it that Siri dictation left out the please. However, would that be enough to make it come across as demanding?

We thought we were doing really well to stick with talking about our own issues and how we don’t do well with parties in general but she was still very mean back to us. So we are confused. Thanks

Dreamers,
Middles
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
05-05-2019, 02:07 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
We are confused by the housemates - dreamers - 05-05-2019, 02:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Very confused about reconnecting with a close friend dreamers 0 1,245 04-09-2021, 08:41 AM
Last Post: dreamers
Caution I'm confused The People 0 1,553 01-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Last Post: The People
  Feeling lost.......confused......... Tangled Web 4 3,910 08-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web