The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
How to deal with holiday stress???? - The People - 11-26-2018, 09:35 PM
How to deal with holiday stress????
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Video  How to deal with holiday stress????
While we have had Christmas struggles in the past, this year the grey has already moved in. Our home is a mess and I cannot remember the last time we did laundry. I have to remember to breathe. I was drinking too much but in recognition of the fact that it costs money that I don't have we stopped; well slowed down. There are also a lot of bottles hanging from our family tree.

So, the old stuff isn't working. It would be easy to say that it is just another day but we all know that it isn't. It is a season that starts with decorations before Halloween.

And people start asking "what are your plans this Christmas?" For the past 3 years we have spent it with either our friends or their pets. This year they are taking the cat home and the last dog will join the first one in dog heaven. This is adding to the sadness as we really love those dogs.

So anyway, I know that other people struggle with this time too. I thought perhaps we could have a list f suggestions re how people get through the season. Some people just pretend that it is just another day but that doesn't work for us. Probably by the time the day comes we can just shrug it off but how do we get to that day?

Maybe we can make a short list together?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
How to deal with holiday stress???? - The People - 11-26-2018, 09:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  holiday blues mosaic 2 2,115 12-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Last Post: mosaic