Poll: would a letter to the editor or a story tip e-mail accomplish more?
letter to the editor
story tip e-mail
some other approach ( please describe in a reply note) thanks
[Show Results]

Messages In This Thread
story tip or letter to editor? - dreamers - 11-25-2016, 01:21 AM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - nats - 11-30-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - nats - 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - Cammy - 12-08-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - Cammy - 01-10-2017, 03:05 AM
story tip or letter to editor?
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: story tip or letter to editor?
As an ex-paramedic I have learned a few things about how to get care faster. One of the ways to get higher up on the list is simply to start having 'more serious problems' directly related to the teeth issue. Start snooping around medical texts and find stuff like severe unremittingly pain, severe weight loss resulting in depressed immune system, stomach problems from the mushy diet. The thing is, when your current medical issues start costing the system a lot of money because you have to wait for an opening, they often push you up the list. Also, if the problems can be potentially life-threatening, they push you up the list. It comes down to the cold facts of dollars & cents, and also liability issues for them. These are the two areas in which the system can be pressured.

Wish your friends good luck for me. The above issues will have to be consistently documented by a doctor, so make sure they are prepared to start making more frequent visits. I hope this all works out for them. As far as a letter to the editor goes, I wouldn't waste my time. Unless the stuff you are writing about is extraordinarily sensational, it will likely not get a second glance. This is a sad fact of the kind of world we live in right now.

Best wishes . . . Igraine
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
12-08-2016, 07:43 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
story tip or letter to editor? - dreamers - 11-25-2016, 01:21 AM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - nats - 11-30-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - nats - 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - Cammy - 12-08-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: story tip or letter to editor? - Cammy - 01-10-2017, 03:05 AM