RE: Paranormal activity - Cammy - 05-14-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: Paranormal activity - dreamers - 05-26-2017, 02:45 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - The People - 05-27-2017, 02:01 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - Cammy - 06-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Paranormal activity
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Paranormal activity
People: I have this theory that many of us who have been damaged by trauma, have also become sensitized to 'energy' that others may not sense. Cats have been cited in numerous articles as staring at things that humans cannot see. I also feel that traumatized persons are naturally hypervigilant, sometimes to the point where their senses have extended farther than what is considered normal. This extension of our attention is also another reason, in my opinion, why many of us are aware of things that others may not notice.

I spent my whole life believing that many of my experiences were simply hallucinations. It wasn't until my husband started witnessing these things at the same time I was witnessing them, that I started to take a bit more notice. He too has a horrendous trauma history and D.I.D., so it follows (within the parameters of my personal theory), that he too is able to sense things normally not seen or felt or heard by others.

In our case we have been in contact with a legitimate church-trained exorcist. His advice to us has been quite simple: if we felt that this 'energy' was evil, threatening, or frightening in any way, he would avail us of someone in our area qualified to deal with such situations. However, bizarre as some of our experiences have been, neither of us has ever felt the presence of evil. As such, we feel that 'live and let live' was the best course for us, and it has worked out. We've never had any kind of dangerous escalations of the activity nor have we felt fear. Having said this, we are expecting this person to visit us as a house guest this summer. At that time he plans to 'clear the house' in a gentle ceremony that involves special prayers in each room of the house. I think of it as trying to assist the 'energy' in the event that it is something that is trapped here and needs help to find its way.

I never imagined in a gzillion years that I would find myself in this situation. I am scientifically trained in critical thinking and as such have an extremely high degree of skepticism about such things. I am quite alarmed that popular culture via these ridiculous 'supernatural reality TV shows' have taken so called ghost hunting to a new level of popularity that I find distressing, mostly because now that I realize that in some cases there may well be actual entities involved, I fear for those who think that they can handle these situations based on watching these TV shows. One thing that I was warned about was not to engage the 'energy' in terms of trying to get it to do things or leave or show itself, or to manipulate it in any way. According to my qualified contact, this can open Pandora's box and lead to some serious trouble. Some things are best left to the experts, who are in this case, Roman trained priests and ministers of various different churches who are have received an elite education in handling these kind of problems. It seems that every Catholic and Anglican Church has a trained exorcist available in many of it dioceses. It is not something that is commonly known, and for the most part if asked, these churches will play down this fact. It is not something that they want the general public to know about. The fact that they still train select members of their clergy in this area, shows that a worldwide need exists.

All of this has been quite an eye-opener for me. For my part, I simply tell myself that it would be very 'unscientific' of me to deny the existence of something just because I can't see it. I can't see air, but I breathe it all day long. That you, People, should sense more than what most do not, shows that some of us are able to extend our senses into an unseen world that many are blissfully unaware of. I never desired any of this to happen to me. I don't talk about it except here where, because of my theory about trauma linked to sixth sensitivity, I seek to find out if others in this very unique group of individuals have shared any of these experiences. At the very least, I would hope that if anyone here has had these experiences and not told anyone for fear of being labeled as a 'nut job', that this dialogue has allowed some sort of validation for anyone who has had any type of similar experiences. It is quite possible that most of those diagnosed with D.I.D. are sensitive to being labeled with yet another stigmatizing element, and the natural tendency is quite likely to simply say nothing about this issue, and certainly not to volunteer personal experiences. I entirely understand and empathize. We have a hard enough time having our D.I.D. believed by mainstream psychological and psychiatric practitioners. If we throw paranormal events into the mix, then there goes any tiny foothold of credibility we had.

Like Shakespeare wrote, "There are more things on heaven and earth that are dreamt of in your philosophy". Amen to that! D.I.D. itself definitely falls into that category where most of us here still struggle with so many mental health practitioners who do not subscribe to D.I.D. because they claim they've never seen a case. I guess if you can't see it, it doesn't exist - just like air.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 06:23 PM by Cammy.)
06-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Paranormal activity - Cammy - 11-20-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - Cammy - 11-26-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - The People - 11-26-2016, 03:59 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - nats - 12-01-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - Cammy - 12-08-2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - dreamers - 05-05-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: Paranormal activity - Cammy - 05-12-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Paranormal activity - dreamers - 05-12-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: Paranormal activity - Cammy - 05-14-2017, 11:57 PM