Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder - Unity - 05-25-2015, 05:07 AM
Trying to understand dissociative disorder
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder
Well i don't think it's a major problem in every day life, even if don't have much life either so i guess in some standard it's still a problem lol

But clearly it's something related with triggering things, well i guess that's certain type of violence that trigger this kind of state, and it makes really weird reaction, sometime either like the whole thing is erased or just don't register in the memory, or then it can create very weird reaction in any case.

One kind of reaction for example some time ago a friend got into some story, and it ended that a weird guy supposedly from the army sort of threatened him, apparently saying he was working with the police to intimidate him, i was not here when that happened, but if i'm there in that kind of situation, it's clearly not good  Confused

Well i did 8 year of judo/self defense, in competition etc, i know about not hurting people, and to handle it, well i tried to analyze what's going on during this kind of moment, i have seen they speak of tunnel vision, well i guess it looks like this, i know my mind switch into another state, where i become ice cold, and my brain analyze all threat in a blink, and sort of lock on the situation in weird manner, generally wen this happen people feel it and they just give up, i'm not sure what's going on then but it definately seem to scare people off efficiently. Well in another situation a bit similar it still ended to me 'out of control', well i don't think i could have really hurt him, but i don't know what could happen in a situation where a person is really trigger something like this and would not give up.

Well other than this as long as i don't watch violent movie i guess it's mostly fine, but i can have also reaction on the other extreme too to just mind goes blank, or drug use, or some self destructive behavior, but in any case after effect are generally several days of weirdness in my mind.

I looked into bipolar thing at first, but i don't think it's really this because it's definately linked to trigger, and probably triggering of some memories in sort that i revive some past situation and it retrigger a reaction related to it.

But usually i'm not like this at all, it just happen in very specific kind of circumstances or with certain movies. I also notice i can have very hard time to follow some discussion around certain topics, like my mind flash out or it trigger the same dissociative disruption of memory etc and generally associated with very negative emotions. 
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015, 05:27 AM by Unity.)
05-25-2015, 05:07 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder - Unity - 05-25-2015, 05:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Family drama, they just don't understand. Downtherabbithole 1 2,285 05-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nats