Messages In This Thread
RE: Single to queen, realizing the connection - Downtherabbithole - 05-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Single to queen, realizing the connection
Downtherabbithole Offline

Threads: 29
RE: Single to queen, realizing the connection
Thanks guys I appreciate the advice and support. Unfortunatly its all happened so fast I didn't have a chance to react until it was already there. Though it explains my iemotions readings I was getting. The bed setting is all nice looking n I've been trying to add my touches to it to make it more my own. I've put of going to bed unconciously avoiding connections, but it still in a way seems like a strangers bed. I think partly because they had rushed the process so much I never got a chance to put together the bed or choose the sheets or make the bed. They all did that while I wasn't there. And as much as my parents meant well n did a nice thing( maybe not the best way of going about it), they had taken away some of my choices making it harder to accept. I love them for the thought n effort they went to, but I agree I should of being able to be more apart of the decision making process even if they bought me a present, allowing me to choose how it was placed.
In saying that, I'm protecting them from knowing about the fact that still bothered by this all because they have enough pain from becoming enstranged or disowned by my big brother, not only loosing him but their grandson too. Also, they don't know about this side of me, or why I couldn't just get over it after so long.
But again, in saying all this, their part if the gift is done, once its done, now its my turn to choose, once I move something n change my house with its new belongings and after loosing some old ones, my parents also have given me permission to get rid of anything they had given my kitchen that not using, where as I thought they'd be offended if I did. I know what ur thinking, won't work with the bed. Lol, but at least some of the boxes that crowd my apartment can be cleaned out, n I can choose what goes n what stays. I've been organizing my loungeroom n its going well. I figured a way to take away the issue of the window, if I don't see the light coming thru the window I won't know its there n I won't connect to, hopefully, to the secound assault.
The size of the bed, well my toes don't go over it and last night found myself spreading out. One thing my parents did do was put my toy dog on the end of my bed. She's been there ever since. I've had her since was seven and inside child I think has a dog spirit or something called snowy that keeps her safe. Ended up hugging snowy in bed for ages till fell asleep.
I think my parents were just being like this cause they were freaking out a bit bout my brother. N nephew( their grandson). It's hard to loose someone in general but to loose them cause they don't want you, I think it broke their hearts, it broke mine. I'm next in line, I guess they didn't want to think about the loss and rather usher me into a time where I'd be ready to take a partner n get married n have a kid. They meant well, and I think they are just hurt, they don't realise I'm not ready. But now I see their reasons I can take a step back and rather than have them feel I'm rejected their actions out of love n care, address the issue that's really there. To gently say I know you guys are hurt by what your oldest son did, your families did the same. And I appreciate that you just want what's best for me, but I'm not ready to be with anyone until I am more healed and better able to stand my ground so that when I do find a guy, he won't be able to walk all over me or ab&se or r@pe me like my ex did, stripping away what dignity and self that I had left after the assaults ( and a$use from pastor, of which they don't know about, cause can't do anything about it except leave church) I need to heal first, I need to figure out who I am, not just who everyone else wants me to be, learn healthy boundaries ( obviously since this incident has occured), find healthy friendships with females. Explore my interests and hobbies and fitness n health and be stable with in myself before adding someone else to the mix. My problem is I keep running from one situation to another, never wanting to be still always wanting to push on even before I'm ready. While dealing with one trauma would become vulnerable to further attacks because I was trying to function as if I didn't have injury. Like the injury being like a broken leg, I'd try to run before learning to walk with crutches, I'd only make it worse. I need to turn around and face my fears and pain and hurt and learn how to use the crutches, before I try running a marathon. It's time to do this right. It's time, its time..
05-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Single to queen, realizing the connection - Downtherabbithole - 05-18-2014, 02:10 AM