Messages In This Thread
RE: One of them but not all - knowledge of god - morethanjustlex - 06-21-2016, 11:34 PM
One of them but not all - knowledge of god
morethanjustlex Offline

Threads: 3
RE: One of them but not all - knowledge of god
Hello downtherabbithole,
Only one of my 'people' is religious at all, the rest of us explore our spirituality but stay far FAR away from organized religion or the notion of God at all.
The one of us who is faithful, however, her name is Mari G and she's young, 14 still. She is a catholic, and she is often annoyed and horrified that the rest of us are not confirmed, let alone devout followers of her church.
She mainly struggles with religion in the context of our state of multiplicity - she worries endlessly about what happens when the body dies. She feels an obligatory responsibility to ensure that all of our souls are forgiven and accepted into heaven (which the rest of us don't even believe in). Even though I myself (Lex) am not one for religion, I feel badly for her - this must be a terrifying and desolate way to walk around thinking. She must feel so burdened by our "unholiness" all the time.
I'm curious to learn how others have handled discrepancies in religious/spiritual beliefs? What comfort can I offer to Mari G? Are we assuming we each have our own soul and that hers can independently be saved/fly off to heaven if that's what she believes?
06-21-2016, 11:34 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of them but not all - knowledge of god - morethanjustlex - 06-21-2016, 11:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Spiritual content Two and God The People 0 2,161 04-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Last Post: The People
Caution Anger with God The People 16 14,044 08-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: finlyalive