Messages In This Thread
RE: Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card - tweeter - 12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Other/All/Unsure   RE: Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card
(12-06-2013, 12:13 AM)MakersDozn Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 02:24 PM)tweeter Wrote: So, I wrote a good answer. Tried to post, and it wouldn't post. I got this message:

Akismet has detected that this is a spam message and will not be processed.
If you find this is in error please contact your system administrator.

You may return to the forum here.

Ah, a server fart. Sorry that you were downwind of it.

Hoping your cursor wasn't making you curse too much.

Laura and others

It was such a good post too. Anyhow, I got the Various Merchants terminology cleared up. See if this makes sense to you.....

You see, in the Oct. incidents (both at same venue), the bank caught one. So, there was only one transaction recorded. Hence, the merchant was named in the letter to me.
Drum Roll. In November, there were also two incidents on the same day with the same merchant (but different from Oct.). The bank deducted Both from my debit card. Explanation: if there is more than one transaction that goes thru, the term used to identify merchant will be "Various Merchants," even if there's only one merchant. Yup. Sure.

Anyhow, I've been holding to not using my newest card locally, as I regard certain stores as likely candidates. I'm using cash or credit card (official credit alert is in effect via credit bureau).

I don't know whether you've done this yet, but it's important in these times. You're enrolled in 3 companies at once. Get a credit report (not same as credit score). Make sure to inform that you've been frauded (my word) It will be for free. See if some darlin' is opening up a charge account or buying a car in your name. These same companies will put a credit alert on charge cards for 90 days, and renewable. That doesn't cost anything either.

I've seen the paperwork for one credit bureau. They expect me to write in a form that is comprised of little boxes for each letter and number involved in my personal information. I'm not allowed to have ink touch any side of any of the boxes. This will be impossible for me to do. I tried to take care of the process online, but they won't do it. It looks like someone has already been busy trying to wreck my life further. I wasn't in direct contact with anyone there. But, another credit bureau on police dept. list has contacted me, and I'll have a human to call there. Find out what's going on.

But, that has to wait too, cause I have a high-pressure doc appt. tomorrow. So, I have to be there at 12:30 to get a clinic card, for a 1:40 appointment (probably be seen by 2). I'll be departing house at 11am. I tried to see about the card last week, but you have to do this thing on same day as appointment.
If it were just a doc, special as he's supposed to be, I'd be okay, but this is a Medicaid situation, which I hate. It's set up so he'll be the attending. I've been referred by a colleague I saw, and liked. I'll be dealing with interns and residents, all in the business of scoring points by getting, or making up, answers that fit what is expected. If all else fails for them, the patient is at fault. Been there. done that. I can't do it anymore. I shut down, and no one knows.
I have a lot of paperwork to prepare. Not even at square one. All I can think of is donuts and ice cream. Follow this discourse with a many-faceted Etc.
in way overload,
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card - tweeter - 12-08-2013, 05:48 PM