Book update
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Happy  Book update
While I have been pecking away at my book -, putting it aside when I get confused over where I am going, I finally realized that it is such a big project that I need someone to help me stay organized. I suck at editing and ensuring all of the semicolons are where they are supposed to be. And to figure out what should go where and come next has tempted me to throw in the project.

Last night I facebooked a T I had for many, many years in my last community. She was my first real T in that she was the first person that I ever trusted enough to start letting go with. It was a long, hard road.

Time enough has passed that we now have brief conversations and keep each other up to date, I asked her if she would be interested in helpingme with this project as she has been with me on my journey. She said yes! She doesn't look at herself as a writer. Se does feel that she could helpo with the grammar and the organizing and all of the other things that I struggle with. I wouldnot approach all of my Ts about this but as she saw me at both my worst and my best I feel that she is a perfect choice. People might question boundaries but I have not seen her professionally for over 7 years although we did stay in touch briefly. I am happy. Smile
Angel
03-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Book update
that is really cool. so glad you found someone to help you with the project.
03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
That's wonderful! If it helps you focus on the writing and get the book out there we see it as a very positive thing. Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Other/All/Unsure   RE: Book update
Thanks folks! I was feeling so overwhelemd that I didn't think I would ever finish the book. Now I feel like I can mmove forward with someone that I trust to give me honest feedback. She always did in person. Plus she understands the story. I could find someone who was a good writer but unless they grasp my experiences they would be of no help. I would not ask present T to help, or others that I had here prior to her. Either we clashed or they were too close. I don't mean in a boundary way. I work best with a T who has strong but flexible boundaries. It is the time passing but her continued enoucragement that caused me to ask her. I think it will be a good match.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

[quote='The People' pid='5484' dateline='1364073897']
Thanks folks! I was feeling so overwhelemd that I didn't think I would ever finish the book. Now I feel like I can mmove forward with someone that I trust to give me honest feedback. She always did in person. Plus she understands the story. I could find someone who was a good writer but unless they grasp my experiences they would be of no help. I would not ask present T to help, or others that I had here prior to her. Either we clashed or they were too close. I don't mean in a boundary way. I work best with a T who has strong but flexible boundaries. It is the time passing but her continued enoucragement that caused me to ask her. I think it will be a good match.
BTW there was switching over the weekend. I came here to post this and found it here already. Wonder what that is about?Undecided
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
So...how are things going? Making any progress?[/i]
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

I'm always interested in auto-bio's by DID sufferers. My first read was by Dr. Cameron West (Ph.D. psychology) called "First Person Plural: My Life As A Multiple". After an appearance on Oprah the book made the best seller list in March 1999. Disney bought the screen rights, but the movie was never done. His professional credentials really helped make readers take the book seriously and helped teach the public about DID.

Herschel Walker's "Breaking Free" auto biography about his DID was also good at getting people's attention, since he was a celebrity athlete (Olympic, track, pro-NFL football player). He published in 2008. So good to see a celebrity come forward like that.

So, with my interest in this area I am curious, who is your publisher?
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Hello....publisher?
Heart
06-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Okay...well, whatever the case I wish you the absolute best of luck and success in your endeavor.
Heart
06-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(06-17-2013, 01:39 AM)Igraine Wrote: Hello....publisher?

hi Igraine, i think the People aren't online here all that often, so it may take a few days or weeks before they see your posts ;-)
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
also, i understood they are just in the process of writing - and they haven't gotten to the stage of publishing yet. i could be wrong, though.
06-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Thank you nats. And my apologies to The People. I meant no harm or disrespect. I am just very excited for her and I guess my enthusiasm and excitement spilled over into a bit of impatience. I really appreciate your post nats. Thank you again.
Heart
06-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Hi Igraine and others. Thanks for your enthusiasm on my behalf. And Igraine I am a long way from being finished. As for the other people that you named, I have read a few books written by multiples about their lives. Have not read about the athlete but read the other one.

Not to offend but IMO they got more publicity than 100 women would simply because they were male and one was an athlete. Society is like that. here in Canada it is hockey. It was not until a star player came forward 15 years ago give or take that Canadians sat up and took notice. All of a sudden people are being forced to get crim checks when they work with kids. Ay kids. People were up in arms with the "not me" attitude. I sat on the Special Olympics board when the info came down the pipeline, one guy never came back to the meeting. For years boy scouts and church kids and... you know... the unimportant people, were coming forward and people were charged. But they weren't national idols so it was swept up into a pile and covered with jokes. While it is good that attention was brought to the issue of abuse it sickens me that more attention is payed to hockey and football players and their harmers than to you or I or the average child who just wants to be safe.Anon-32
06-20-2013, 01:30 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Couldn't be more in total agreement. Attention given to athletes is way past ridiculous. The real heros in this world you never hear squat about. It's always been a super sore spot with me for multiple reasons. Part of the reason I refuse to watch athletic events on TV. Doesn't matter to me what other people do, but this is just a thing with me.
Heart
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM by Cammy.)
06-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone seen this book? The People 2 2,086 01-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Last Post: nats
News/Information A Book We Read The People 0 1,486 04-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Last Post: The People
Doing okay book update The People 0 1,801 10-16-2015, 02:49 PM
News/Information Book update The People 2 2,788 06-15-2015, 10:55 PM