Not a morning person....
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Other/All/Unsure   Not a morning person....
[Image: dogtire1.gif]

Mainly because we usually don't sleep well. We usually get *enough* sleep, but it's far from being *quality* sleep. We toss and turn; we dream about stuff that people further inside don't bring to the forefront when we're awake, and we're constantly under stress.

Add in the fact that the body is *cough* *ptooie* 50 years old, and we get up at least once during the night to go to the bathroom. We eat a big grilled chicken salad for dinner every night, and you can imagine what large quantities of iceberg lettuce does to increase our digestive consequences. Anon-32

Anyway, our sleep health sucks, and we're draggy and cranky for most of the morning, every morning. Anyone else identify with this?

Laura and others
06-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Not a morning person....
I can totally identify with this. I am definitely not a morning person which makes my life hard considering that when I am on days I start work at 6am so seeing a 4:50am on my alarm clock is quite disturbing to us.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
We're not morning people either, and not for lack of sleep. Our internal clock just works that way, and it doesn't really adjust to an earlier wake time.

I dunno how you get up at 4:50 and start work at 6:00. It takes us 15-30 minutes to just get out of bed, and then we don't move very quickly because we don't feel good. When we were younger an hour was plenty of time and our sleep-wake cycle was much more flexible and would adjust easily. We've found as we've gotten older though that has changed. Oddly, quitting morning caffeine has improved the quality of how we feel in the morning, particularly mentally, but we're still slow and creeky. Lots of morning aches and pains.
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 08:14 AM by The Warren.)
06-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Not a morning person....
Thanks, both of you. We appreciate the validation. We too used to need only an hour to get ready. Now we need longer, because it's harder for us to get going. Not sure how much of it is physical and how much of it is issues we have, but the end result is that we don't do well.

MDs
06-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
(06-17-2012, 08:12 AM)The Warren Wrote: We're not morning people either, and not for lack of sleep. Our internal clock just works that way, and it doesn't really adjust to an earlier wake time.

I dunno how you get up at 4:50 and start work at 6:00. It takes us 15-30 minutes to just get out of bed, and then we don't move very quickly because we don't feel good. When we were younger an hour was plenty of time and our sleep-wake cycle was much more flexible and would adjust easily. We've found as we've gotten older though that has changed. Oddly, quitting morning caffeine has improved the quality of how we feel in the morning, particularly mentally, but we're still slow and creeky. Lots of morning aches and pains.

To be honest with you I have no idea how we do it either. I just know we leave the house by 5:15. I don't start waking up until I am at work I think......It is just going in autopilot mode I guess. But I do get bitchy very very easily if too much is thrown at me once I get to work, and have an extremely hard time dealing with incompetence and stupidity
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

(06-17-2012, 11:20 AM)Tangled Web Wrote: But I do get bitchy very very easily if too much is thrown at me once I get to work, and have an extremely hard time dealing with incompetence and stupidity

Rachel and I resemble that remark. Tongue

Laura and others
06-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I am so not a morning person that I want to invent a new word for what I am. It takes me at least an hour or two just to get with the program, and even then... Worse is when they do the time zone switch on us, and then it's a real mess until they put things back to 'natural' in the fall. To get going in the morning for me is like having to come out of general anesthetic ... only way I can describe it.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

We definitely identify, Igraine. Thanks for posting.

MDs
04-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Feedback  RE: Not a morning person....
My son is definitely not a morning person either. I suppose it stems from being out at night in the past. Fortunately I homeschool which enables him to sleep in (he usually rises about noon). As long as he gets rest I don't mind altering our schedule.
04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Not a morning person....
Reilly,

Glad that you and your son have that flexibility.

MDs
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Jelly2 Offline

Threads: 0
Why not a morning person? I believe it is much better to have a normal regime when you can go to any shop or gym. Moreover, night birds often cannot have enough time to perform their work in time. If you are among them, come here to do your tasks properly and stay the best http://skywritingservice.com/blog/26-tips-how-to-become-morning-person
07-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Studies have shown that people who have higher than average IQs (most Multies fit this) d their best work at night. Creative people as well.

We are so not morning people especially when we get on a writing spiel. This morning we woke up at 9. Turned on computer and thought "This is nuts". Went back to bed at noon. Our day was much better than it would have been had we forced ourselves to stay up.

At work we were fortunate that bosses saw our work pattern. As a result they didn't ream us out when we wandered in late. We liked being the last to leave and would get more work done in that last half hour when people were gone than we did for the first half of the day. In college we were the last to bed and usually did our best work after midnight. Part of that period was hyper vigilance but part of it was our best time to focus.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-15-2016, 01:36 AM
Find Reply