Our father is doing better....
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  Our father is doing better....
We took him to the cardiologist on Friday for a regular checkup. The doc told him he could stop two meds (one was a water pill--bleh), and that he could reduce the dosage on two others. Woohoo!

MDs
05-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
RE: Our father is doing better....
Excellent! Good to hear!
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
05-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Awesome news. Glad he is doing better.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: Our father is doing better....
Thanks, all. Appreciate the support. His stuff has been part of the reason we haven't been around here much.

MDs
05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Website Find Reply
prideland Offline

Threads: 49
thats great news MDs. Take care of you's.
prideland people
Let a little sunshine out as well as in,
to create your own rainbows.
05-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Thanks, pride. It's an immense relief. Now if we can only convince him of this. Undecided

MDs
05-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Website Find Reply
Unicorns Offline

Threads: 1
Hi MD's,

What great news. Smile
05-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Our father is doing better....
(05-28-2012, 10:24 AM)Unicorns Wrote: Hi MD's,

What great news. Smile

Thanks. We hope that there will continue to be more good news in the future.

MDs
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Hi! Sorry I'm late answering. I'm glad your father is doing so well.
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Our father is doing better....
(06-09-2012, 01:47 AM)tweeter Wrote: Hi! Sorry I'm late answering. I'm glad your father is doing so well.
tweets

Thanks. No problem. You've had your own stuff to deal with. Crossing feathers that things are getting better for you.

Laura and others
06-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

(06-09-2012, 07:29 PM)MakersDozn Wrote:
(06-09-2012, 01:47 AM)tweeter Wrote: Hi! Sorry I'm late answering. I'm glad your father is doing so well.
tweets

Thanks. No problem. You've had your own stuff to deal with. Crossing feathers that things are getting better for you.

Laura and others

I'm still in the hotel. FM has been unable to get a straight answer from movers as to when my shipment will arrive, or be delivered. I'm not sure they know where it is. I think fm has been too easygoing about it.

The apt. was a mess and won't make the grade for me without what comes to renovation, which can extend to the rest of the building. Or, you can't go home again. FM hired a cleaning duo to make it liveable; he got an AC and had it installed; repairs were made by LL; got a cheerful shower curtain; got mini blinds for living room area.

There was a certain amount of misrepresentation about the place by LL. LL sends notices of lack of receipt of payment when payment was made and checks cleared. The excuse is that their accounting system doesn't work, when they are called. Sure, when pigs fly. FM tried to convince me to believe them; I told him my plans for rent checks, because I don't and have plenty of reason not t. I will be sending them via registered mail, return receipt.

Little closet space (no promised big closets here). I will have some duffles and other stuff piled in the living area against the walls. Everything protected for an expected influx of wildlife. Not a new kitchen, in spite of new, cheap, cabinets that had old b*g bait in them. They "think" a kitchen leak is fixed. The bathroom is small and rather depressing, with no ventilation, no shelves in medicine cabinet. Front door is a pip.

At this point, I'll probably wind up going to a laundromat, rather than put up with the bs involved in getting the card for machines. Way suggested by doorman is not that indicated on the machine in laundry room (where one is supposed to be able to get a card and put money on it via a credit card). This is some crew, and they make me nervous.

On the other hand, from what I've seen of NYC, I did well not to just come out here in July without an apt.

Had I visited, I wouldn't have taken apt, the decision made while I was still in the elevator. I don't like it there; The neighborhood is a far cry from what it was. Now miles of endless strip mall, sprinkled with police action, including unmarked cars. FM, etc. has suggested assisted living or some senior place. Not for me. Never been so opposed to what is expected of me, regardless of who or what I am. I lived a difficult life in ABQ and I expect NYC will be a trial by f*r* in some ways. Something's got to give

However, I already have a doc appointment with someone I knew years ago, and there's a possibility I might have an operational medical ear, or not.

As hard as it is in this now-manic cityscape, I'm getting around and feel the possibility of something else, or not.
Probably about the most confusing time in my life. I'm making choices based on history and intuition. FM is trying to convince me that I'll like it there once I move in. No. That won't happen. I'm not sorry I left ABQ.
While I avoid this phrase because of its deterministic connotations, I feel I'm here for many reasons (a reason), including possible medical care and more possibilities for meeting people. So far, some predictable and strange encounters. This planet has become an eerie place; things like that can show up acutely in a place like NYC.

I'm trying to get moved in before I see doc. Gut is kind of messed with by antibiotic, which I had to discontinue after a week of the 3rd scrip. It's okay. Typical scrip for it goes for seven or ten days.

I have no idea where it's all heading, if anywhere. A serious concern is that there could be a lot of movement resulting in nothing, or nothing good.
Gosh, I'm tired. I have to eat small meals, and when I went out with fm and bf this week, one place gave enough food for two people on one plate. I overate to make up a deficit, and crashed. I feel that the doc will be interested in following this, which would be real progress. Once I have my own frig., that problem will get better because I don't tend to overeat. Not my nature.

I think the human condition is deteriorating, and am trying to figure out what to do at a physically weak time of life.

I think fm would just as soon I live quietly in that hovel, while he goes on with his personal denial/deception framework. BF seems benign, but is a troublemaker. FM can do an about face, and then turn round again. I am appreciative of his help, but not trusting; I never know when he will just let things go and let them take care of themselves.

I've decided to be out there, so to speak, do what I can to BE. Oh, and getting old s*cks.

the tip of the iceberg,
tweeter
06-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Our father is doing better....
tweeter....Glad FM hired the cleaning people, and that LL agreed to make the repairs. Sounds like LL knew that you have legit grounds for action against him if he didn't do anything.

Hoping you can get settled soon.

Laura/Allegra/others
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012, 01:51 PM by MakersDozn.)
06-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

(06-10-2012, 01:51 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: tweeter....Glad FM hired the cleaning people, and that LL agreed to make the repairs. Sounds like LL knew that you have legit grounds for action against him if he didn't do anything.

Hoping you can get settled soon.

Laura/Allegra/others

Hi! Yes, seems so. This LL won't do the unnecessary. Besides, the help is witnessing what we're doing with the place, including what probably is over $200. in cleaning costs. I kid you not. They don't know I intend to take the window blinds and window AC (which fm bought) wherever I go. Some tenants leave these things behind. Not this one.

This is probably one of my more upsetting moves, because really getting settled won't be possible. I had wanted to have all my textile wall hangings up, but don't know that they would be safe from cr*tter damage, and don't feel secure in that place. No place for my tansu either, cause the table on which it would rest is needed (no counter space in kitchen). These are the items which spell "home" to me. Maybe that will be somewhere else. I hope.

It will be makeshift at best, but I look at it as a base of operations from which I can exercise leverage as my own person. I need that very much. I also realize that I need to have a higher regard for my own safety, over curiosity, than in the past. I've already had one challenge to this, and met it well. Need to adjust to the craziness that has become NYC and make it work for me.

FM will be back for a bit in early July to help with loose ends, and visit.
I'll be heading to a hosp. financial office tomorrow to get whatever is right in health insurance off the ground (Medicare premiums Special Help, etc.), and will go to Chinatown for a reasonably sized shopping trolley, one small enough to fit on the bus. I saw one I liked and the lady said she got it in Chinatown. The hotel is walking distance from Chinatown. FM got me a huge (for me) metal cart, which would be good for a Costco run. I like the Kirkland kitchen garbage bags, which come in a large, heavy box. Perfect.

FM and I have discussed my getting a wardrobe (my idea) for hanging clothes. Easier said than done, for anything that looks good and won't break the bank. The two tiny closets I have will be packed with duffles. Much of living area is going to look like a storeroom. shrug. As I said, apt. description was off base.

Cuticles are healing in this climate. I'm not have sporadic breathing problems here. I'm thinking it was allergy induced, very unusual for me. Hope I can get some good health care here. FM and I starting to discuss finance options, especially as regards moving to a better place next year.

Thanks for encouragement. Same to you and your father.
tweets
06-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Find Reply