My mom and my m*d stuff
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
My mom and my m*d stuff
We are still financially dependent on help from the mom. So we cannot just tell her to go jump in a lake or active volcano. However, she drives us slowly crazy ( I swear one of these days we will start venting to the invisible purple people and if you wonder how they can be invisible and purple... yes that’s the point!)

For the last few days I have had cold/Covid19 mild symptoms. And from 3 hours away she’s trying to tell us how we should handle it. Wtf? Well I accidentally sent her a text venting about her it was meant for my best friend not her. So, I want to apologize in advance to the universe as a whole because I might have started ww3. Especially for anyone who might have lived through one of the previous world wars, I am deeply sorry if you have to go through another one because of my accidental actions!
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
04-01-2020, 02:12 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: My mom and my m*d stuff
wow, i hope you are able to take good care of yourself. i won't try to tell you what to do but if it is COVID19 that's really scary.

ouch on sending the text to the wrong person. that's really unfortunate (to put it mildly)

going through a personal ww3 is not something i wish on anyone. i hope it resolves positively for you soon.
04-01-2020, 09:15 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

It’s actually not that scary. It’s been very mild. Will scroll for med description.

As kids we had the flu every year and our friends who have cystic fibrosis started referring to the bronchitis that resulted from that as our “ seasonal CF” that was how bad the coughing was. If you don’t have anything about CF put “CF cough into YouTube to see exactly what that says about what we went through as children. I would take this over the “ seasonal CF “ any year. Of course we did have a supply of prednisone at home which I think has helped mitigate the breathing issues ( they were mild anyway so we got up on day 1 and took prednisone and it fixed it in short order). Other than that, the worst bit was actually that our ears hurt like crazy for the first 3 days. We just have a very mild dry cough now. It’s day day 6 today. ( started last Friday. So, Friday(1), Saturday (2), Sunday(3) Monday(4),Tuesday( 5), Wednesday (6)

-unknown
04-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
This is a scary time for everyone. Where I live I can call a pharmacy. They can check via computer or get in touch with my doctor or regular pharmacist. My present pharmacist delivers as do many in my area. Rather than focusing on your mother (many of us are in the same boat) perhaps you could phone a pharmacy or your doctor's office. Once you have your medicine you can just ignore your mother for a while. C19 has us all on edge. However, professionals are doing what they can to help those of us with other health issues.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

The problem is that our apartment manager insisted on giving her “ an emergency key” which she uses to come check on us every other weekend whether we want it on not. We are physically disabled ( born early and use a wheelchair) hence why the management insisted. However, she is not using her key as intended. It’s meant for if we have a medical emergency or one time our power wheelchair stopped dead and we were stuck in the bathroom. She had to use the key to bring the spare wheelchair. It wasn’t intended to micromanage our life.
We live in the middle of no where.

So our plan is to go on a picnic away from people and mom this Saturday when she plans to be here. We will take our phone so Daniel can track our location in case we run into Martians and just vanish to their spaceship or something. We have a parent-tracker app set up with Daniel as the “ parent”

-unknown
04-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

That is against the rules of renting! Perhaps that was a condition of you moving in but it is still illegal and ridiculous.
04-02-2020, 01:44 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Not sure about the legal status in California and anyway mom has a key now. If there is something I can do about it I don’t see it. And it’s complicated by the fact that we are still in college so for now she pays the bills. We were due to finish in December but with this virus panic it’s going to be dragged out.

-unknown
04-03-2020, 03:49 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Update.... poetic justice
A state program pays for people to come help us with hygiene and stuff around our house. Today we got an email: due to the virus outbreak, to protect clients all services are suspended until further notice except for anyone who has already tested positive for the virus. If you have previously has the virus and wish for your services to continue, please send test results to... all medical records will be kept confidential..”

So, mom is having to pay someone to help us out of pocket! And why? Because she’s too scared of what other people think and tells me not to tell anyone when I was sick and not to get tested. 25 dollars an hour is a fair price for telling me what I should do about my medical stuff... lol She’ll be paying 100 dollars a week until this crisis resolves. And hopefully learning to mind her own f-ing business so yeah she’s literally paying through the nose for insisting that I be dishonest LOL

-unknown
04-09-2020, 12:35 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Small wins. We take them where we can. Once it is over you can call Landlord and Tenants (or whatever it is called in your city) the police or whomever. Ask them if itis legal. If they tell you no, ask them to write a letter. Rather than taking back the key, show her the letter and remind her that she is only there because you allow her to be there.

Grey
04-14-2020, 02:20 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Great idea thanks

-unknown