Online T customer service
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Online T customer service
To deal with an extremely private embarrassing issue we will probably be signing up for this online interactive T program. However we have one question that we thought was pretty straight forward and obvious but we were evidently dead wrong!

We hit the chat now with customer service and here’s how our chat went.

Us: if I sign up for one of your classes does the name of the class show up on the credit card bills?

Customer service Monkey: you aren’t being charged for this chat

Us: yeah but a friend said I would have to pay for the classes and I don’t want my family to see what issues I am here to work on. So, will the name of the class show up on the bills?

Customer service monkey: we wouldn’t show this chat to your family members and you aren’t being billed for it.

Me: I know but there’s another paid side to this website right? Classes a friend told me.

Customer service monkey: how can we charge you for this chat if we didn’t ask for your billing information?

Me: I Know I am not being charged to f*ck*ng talk with you. Have you seen any company that charges to talk with customer service? EVER?! Thankfully the world is not quite that screwed up yet. I am asking about charges for the services and what would show up on the cc bills.

Monkey: oh I’m not sure here’s my supervisors email address

See why I think they must have decided that the best way to keep costs low was to train monkeys to handle the instant chat button? At least they seem to be doing everything humanly possible to save us money
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
11-18-2019, 01:13 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

RE: Online T customer service
Since we want to volunteer for these people as a peer coach after we finish the class we just told mom that the class is volunteer training and it was awkward to pick one because none of the issues applied to us so we just picked one that sounded interesting and something that would be rewarding to help others with. So, it should be okay even if the name of the class is on the cc bills. And it’s true that they do make all volunteers take a class first. The only thin we aren’t saying is that we actually need one of them. Hopefully that fact will make us more empathetic and a better volunteer listener

-unknown
11-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
How stupid! What a great way to encourage people to use their services. If you take it further I suggest that you tell them about their problems.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-20-2019, 03:42 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Considering that the class is independent study and occasionally checking in via chat with one of their life coaches ( actual T for a higher fee on an as you need it basis) and the whole thing is just under 15 dollars a month ( excluding the occasional “ I need an actual psychologist appointment fee” . We decided that the price and feeling of anonymity was right and we signed up. However if it doesn’t work we found a similar thing with only Ts that has video chat which we will try next. It’s 4 times the amount but a lot more professional. It seems to be helping already but the big test will come later in this month when we have to be around the issue triggers ( aren’t the holidays just fantastic... Not). And yeah I plan to tell them that a monkey appears to be handling the customer service chat.

-unknown
11-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
a lot of customer service is now done by bots. they are cheap and work great unless you ask for something strange or otherwise go off script. what you described sounds like that.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-23-2019, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Interesting concept. Especially for people who struggle to go into an office or live in a rural area. A friend of mine lives in a smaller community. Both she and her husband live a long way from here. They have been able to have consultations and follow-ups. It is great.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-25-2019, 06:43 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Spiritual content online connections threatened dreamers 9 4,907 11-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Last Post: dreamers