gave a friend the boot
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Agree  gave a friend the boot
Well, she wasn't much of a friend by this point. we would play scrabble and she did 90/of the talking. about the men in her life. We have tried to talk about this before but she doesn't stop. So all she did was annoy us. There is a tiny bit of guilt but not a whole lot. There is no point in having anyone around who makes you want to tell them off.

that is the second friend that we dumped in a month. but if any relationship just gives you grief they aren't really a friend. :/
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 03:33 AM by The People.)
09-02-2019, 03:30 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
RE: gave a friend the boot
oh, I've let quite a few go just recently. Genuine friendships all, but with way to much negative stuff going with them. It can be hard but needed.
09-06-2019, 05:41 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I have read that it is a place to start when one wants to start cleaning out their lives. I sent 2 off recently. Don't miss either of them. Mostly,
09-08-2019, 03:46 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
MT
MT
MT

Yep, that's pretty much what I've been doing. 

There are the people who just can't help but be con artists, four of them this year have gone. Good riddance! I should be able to trust my friends without being grifted.

There are the drug people, maybe half a dozen. I just can't be around that anymore. It's hard because I want to help but I'll just keep on being dragged down.

There are the people (kids) from my childhood who also got abused along side me. Not their fault but I just can't be around them.

I'm basically expunging all the negative stuff  (people) from my life but some good stuff and some OK people have gone with them by association.

My life is pretty much unrecognizable from this time last year as a result.
09-11-2019, 04:32 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I don't know if it is a coincidence but my house has become tidier as I boot out people.
09-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Find Reply