Been a musician for the past six months
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Been a musician for the past six months
Somehow it was discovered that I was a keyboardist, and life hasn't been the same since. For the past six months I've been heavily involved in my music on quite a punishing schedule, but it is definitely keeping me out of trouble. A really cool side bonus to all of this is that ever since starting the music, the crippling day to day anxiety is all but disappeared - gone. No meds needed any longer. I think it's because I'm just too busy to have anxiety attacks. However, my PDOC says that playing music lights up more areas of the brain simultaneously than just about any other activity, so perhaps the music is literally distracting my brain from being anxious. I don't really care WHY it works, I'm just happy that it DOES work. But wow - it's a lot of time spent learning an average of 11 new songs every single week. Oh well, I like the trade off, so I'm going to keep doing it. I had actually forgotten that we were a musician for a very long time. I'm SO glad we've rediscovered this part of us. What a blessing!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
12-21-2018, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Been a musician for the past six months
that is awesome, Cammy! it's wonderful to be able to rediscover "lost" talents. 11 songs a week is mind boggling to us. you are very talented.
12-22-2018, 10:47 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
That is awesome Cammy! I too have heard that music is the only thing that uses both sides of the brain at once. How fortunate for you! Smile
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
awesome about the anxiety and there's always art for arts sake too! very pleased for yous!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
12-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure Purging the past The People 4 3,094 02-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Last Post: The People