I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-29-2017, 01:33 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Re Family
nice Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
In my estimation, TRUE family are the people that care for you and are there for you. Biological connections mean nothing when it comes to determining who your TRUE family is. Who needs to put up with mean toxic people just because they are blood related to you? No one, that's who.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

totally agree, tho it seems we still struggle with relationships, whether family or friends.

did some reading on attachment theory (no T for several years now) and despite a number of years of T we still identify with the fearful-avoidant (emphasis on avoidant) attachment style. thought we were doing better, but i guess it's only been 'better' because of avoiding deep or challenging relationships.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-30-2017, 05:42 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Interesting Nats. I was chatting with my sister the other day. She is older than I am. We spoke of I?E status. I am the family extrovert and she is one of many introverts. I commented on how strange it was that I was the one with no close friends. Her response was that she only had a few but that is normal for introverts. I keep everyone at arm's length and social anxiety prevents me from doing too much mingling.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

we have a number of extroverts too. personally, i think it's much easier to keep people at a distance as extroverts. in all the chatting and activity, nobody notices that you're not forming deep connections with anyone. we've seen this a lot with other extroverts too.
07-31-2017, 04:43 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
yeah our real family is Daniel's even if he can't legally adopt us. the ones here are just the group I got stuck with because some idiot okayed them to adopt a baby! We think our legal male p*r*nt thought he was buying a ping pong table when he signed the adoption papers. He likely wrote a letter to some poor CEO:

" WHERE the naffing h*ll is that table I ordered 6 months ago...?"

we think that because he had paddles mounted on a rack in the living room!
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
07-31-2017, 06:38 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy Imagine having a family like this! The People 2 2,150 01-14-2020, 12:20 AM
Last Post: The People
Other/All/Unsure Family Day in Alberta! The People 3 3,246 02-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  For Lea and family The People 1 2,233 11-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Tangled Web
May trigger Loss in Family (MT) MakersDozn 13 10,050 10-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  For Lea and Family! The People 2 2,813 10-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: The People