TV documentary says I'm an alien
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
TV documentary says I'm an alien
I was watching this show on the possibility of alien genetic manipulation of the human genome many millennia ago. The scientists doing this study have postulated that people with RH negative (15% of the human population) could very well be alien hybrid humans. Are they kidding? They probably got a nice fat grant to do the research too. I shake my head on this one, sorry, but I can't believe the stuff that they come up with nowadays. Having RH negative blood myself I don't think that I am overly different from other humans - well, except for the DID and a few other psychological hiccups. So now we have a running joke around the house - any time either of us do anything right or wrong, we are blaming it on our alien genes, as we are both RH negative. What will they think of next? All I can say is that if this is true, I want to go home now, please? I am tired of playing with my human friends and need to return to my planet of origin ASAP (LOL). Beam me up Scottie.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
02-15-2017, 01:47 AM
Find Reply
VioletPeach Offline
Violet

Threads: 2
RE: TV documentary says I'm an alien
My T is on forums and in touch with lots of other therapists and one specifically in Texas. This particular one in Texas has two major groups of patients: one that think their DID is due to alien abduction and one that doesn't. Those two groups have to be separate and cannot have therapy together...ever! They are completely adamant and passionate about it!

I think I might have read some articles about this topic you are referring to...aliens and the Rh negative factor. I don't quite know what to think about it. Maybe the "aliens" were the Nephilim. There is much about the world we don't know.

~Violet
Ta Tu Go Leor
02-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
People are always searching for reasons that will explain "WHY?" Sometimes the answer is one like a Mom gives a 3 year old "because!"

I did have a psychiatrist call me a phenomenon once. He was a psychiatrist who was of absolutely no use to me. After I fired him for his absenteeism I asked if he even believed in DID. He was honest and replied "no, but I am familiar with the phenomenon. So that became a running joke between myself and friends who knew about us.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
well, almost all of us here are called a 'disorder' by the mental health community, unless you happen to have one of those systems where the 'original host'/'birth personality' still fronts on a regular basis. it's somewhat annoying to be referred to as a disorder rather than as a person.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-19-2017, 05:20 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

nats - there have been times when people have called me names where I think the word 'disorder' wouldn't have seemed so bad by comparison - if you know what I mean (LOL). I think that Multiple Community Coping Strategy or Multiple Identity Coping Ability might be more accurate for myself. I like to think about this as an Ability rather than a Disorder. If anything, this is what has brought order to my life, not disorder. The mental health community has a LONG way to go as far as DID goes - in terms of everything: research, understanding, recognition, and so on and on it goes.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
02-19-2017, 11:51 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

agreed Igraine - 'coping strategy' seems much more accurate than 'disorder'!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-20-2017, 05:14 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

we could be MIPS - multiple identity coping strategy

(sounds better than DIPS - dissociative identity coping strategy!)
02-20-2017, 05:15 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I just call myself a multiple, a term I picked up here. I have to explain it but I would also have to explain DID or MPD for those who have a need to know.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

yes, we stick with multiple, or 'dissociative' on the rare occasions we've said anything out loud.
02-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
IFdid is caused by aliens doesn't that imply that our foo are aliens(we know they caused it) not us because if that's the implication it's a useful theory..explains a ton...
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 09:12 AM by dreamers.)
03-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

It certain explains my hair cut . . . LOL.
Heart
03-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Find Reply