Sad  canadian weather

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: canadian weather
HAHA! I believe I concur with your assessment People, as I too am struggling my way through the deep freeze. This year, because there is deep cold along with the short light days, both my husband and myself have succumbed to a serious case of hibernation syndrome. We both have no energy and are obsessed with sleep. This didn't happen over the past few winters because they were fairly mild, so the short light days didn't have as big an impact. But this year, with the deep cold added in, OH BOY, our metabolisms are circling the bowl. I finally had to break out my full spectrum S.A.D. light. We've been exposing ourselves to it for about 20 minutes each morning - forcing ourselves to get up before sunrise to use the light. I am happy to report that within days we can already feel the difference. I can attest that I am more awake and alert, and now have enough energy to actually tackle taking down all the Christmas stuff. Without the light therapy, I think the Christmas decorations would likely have stayed up until spring. Not good.

Today we have a Chinook - we've gone from the minus 20's C to the pluses. That's quite a leap! It is these occasional respites from the cold that we get down here in southern Alberta that keeps me from going totally nuts in the winter. Mind you, the Chinooks are positive ion winds, so they bring headaches and sometimes migraines, but even with these inconveniences, I am still grateful for their arrival.

As for you, you live where the cold does not abate until spring. Hang in there People and think warm thoughts. If I could I would share some of our Chinook with you to give you a break. Just love your map! It pretty well sums it all up, doesn't it?

Take care and keep warm.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
01-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weather!!!!!!!! Tangled Web 0 1,498 03-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web