Just too much
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Just too much
We are like the little drummer boy only we don't even own a drum. so much need everywhere an again this year we feel the need to fix everyone. At the same time our kitten is the only thing keeping us together. We have been in the apartment for over a month and there are still things just lying on the floor, not even hung up.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-13-2016, 03:17 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Just too much
You sound like the dark days and cold are making you dip into a depression. I am sorry that you have to feel this way. When we moved into our current home against our will (years ago now), I did not unpack a lot of boxes for about TEN YEARS. Yep, you read that right . . . I was so bummed out not just because I didn't want to move, but I was too depressed to care anymore. I felt like "What's the point of unpacking if there's a chance I'll just have to move again?" It took me a very long time to get through this. In fact, it wasn't until I found my current husband that this house actually started to feel like a home. Only since my marriage have I been putting things in there place and do a little 'nesting'. You've been shuffled around so much of late that I don't doubt you don't feel much like unpacking. When you are feeling crappy and things are dark, the last thing that is a priority in your mind is unpacking. My suggestion is to just take it really slow. Maybe have a goal of one box a day or a week. Perhaps the more your place feels more like yours because familiar things are being set into their spots, you'll start feeling better about it.

I'm glad that kitty is giving you some comfort. There's nothing like the unconditional love of an animal, absolutely nothing. Hopefully you'll slowly start feeling better, and with the help of your kitty's company, you'll have a little motivation to start putting things up. As for fixing everyone - I know how strong a pull this is, but as you know it is often a huge energy expenditure that avails nothing. I am slowly learning that all I can try to fix is ME - everytime I try to fix others or help them, it somehow blows up in my face or I put in a ton of energy for nothing. I'm kind of giving up on the entire concept and just working on me for now.

I hope you start feeling better soon. You will be in our warmest thoughts.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
01-16-2017, 10:29 PM
Find Reply