It is easier this year.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Doing okay  It is easier this year.
It has been a long time in coming. But we have gotten through Easter without major panics. We are always okay by now but up until late Saturday night we need to hide out. We got better year by year. We still don't want to mix with people. Got invited for a dinner tomorrow but just not ready for that. Hate ham anyway.

And we even got through this with T being away. There have been worrisome moments but sooooo much better than it used to be. Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-27-2016, 02:55 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: It is easier this year.
so good to hear! we're happy you got through it a bit easier this year.
03-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Thanks Mosaic!
03-30-2016, 05:02 PM
Find Reply
BlackeBird Offline

Threads: 2
Those signs of healing are totally awesome. Smile Halloween is my big trigger holiday. Hoping that it gets easier for me too.

Kate
03-31-2016, 01:16 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

We have a double whammy at Halloween. The birthday (which we don't celebrate) is the next day and has red dot connotations. So from Canadian Thanksgiving until about the 6th of Nov we are a mess. All of them are better. We miss the kitties because they grounded us. I think it was easier because we moved.
04-12-2016, 03:33 AM
Find Reply
BlackeBird Offline

OMG I don't know what I would do without my cats. I feel like they save my sanity or my life (or both) every day. Can you not have cats where you live?

Kate
04-13-2016, 02:58 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

No. And it is almost impossible to have cats in any apartment within the city. It usually means paying extra rent or making an extra deposit that one never sees again. It has been really hard. We did have another one for a short time. Our doctor wanted it but it was too soon. We never took to her. There was something wrong with her anyway. She had a really bad startle reflex that caused her to bite me once. She ended up living in the country with my friend. She started drooling etc. and according to what I looked up she probably had a neurological disorder. She wandered off from my friend's place after a few month's. I can figure out why. MT
04-13-2016, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
BlackeBird Offline

I don't know how old she was when you got her, but I have better luck with kittens. Then they imprint on you. The two I have now are very affectionate and don't seem to have any medical problems. I also find that male cats are more affectionate than females in general, although of course there are exceptions. I had to make a pet deposit when I moved in, and you're right I may not get it back, but to me it is worth it. Smile

Kate
04-14-2016, 05:21 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

No pet deposit here. Renting a condo and there are no pets allowed at all. Personally I prefer females. We got 1 at 8 weeks. She was an amazing being that taught me what love felt like. I swear she was the brightest kitty. She hated the computer and actually knew when it was bed time. For the last few years she would sit at the edge of the bed, natter to us and I swear she nodded her had toward the bed. Like me she had celiac disease which is what I think caused her illness.

We got the other cat at 2 years. Also female. She was black with a white bow time. And a kitty doc also said she had 2 coats. White underneath and black on top. Would get very knotted especially when she got stressed. Mind you she wasn't as neurotic as first kitty. I saw her photo in the paper and it was like Harry Potter. She leaned out of the photo and said "come and get me!" Felt like it anyway. She took over as the alpha kitty and it took a while for Two to adjust to her. She did but it was hard at first. Black kitty was very affectionate. She would lie on top of us from evening 1 and wouldn't go away. We would cry and cry... She triggered stuff. But she was ever so loving. Once my friend with allergies came over and BC sat on her. Friend sat on her hands to avoid temptations to pet her. Kitty was determined to get her ears scratched and she actually took a pa and wacked friend in the chest. "Pet me!" Oh God I miss them.
04-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy New Year mosaic 2 2,050 01-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Last Post: The People
Friendship/Support Happy New Year! The People 3 2,503 01-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Silent Society
I'm new/Introduction it's that time of year Dreamscapes Collectives 7 4,639 07-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: nats
  happy new year everyone! nats 4 3,426 01-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  Happy New Year The People 1 2,067 01-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: The People