Book update
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
News/Information  Book update
A while back I scrapped the book and started again. Not unheard of in the writing world or in my world. Here is my progress to date.

I wrote as I remembered. First the original memories of my childhood. Once my T said I would have been messed up even without the SA. As I wrote this I recognized how true it was. Still there was a part of my brain saying "was it really as bad as I say it was?"

Then I got into the FB part. The borderline diagnosis, how it impacted me and how it impacted some people's treatment of me - nurses. The psychiatrists who were so useless they did harm.

Last night I wrote about my dx for the first time. In this write. It is actually getting harder as I go on.Harder to write and harder to put things in order. I know it doesn't matter if a is followed by b then c but I would like for it to do so. However, once the cat - cats - were out of the bag they started switching more. like kids let loose on a playground. And the fear that was always there became magnified as I realized what was going on.

With the new computer I lost a whole section that it took a few days to do over. But I had been editing when I did it so there would have been changes anyway.

Progress. Enough that I feel good about it. I made it a lot shorter this time. I think it is more sellable that way. I have been reading a best selling author named Jeannette Wells. Highly recommend her for anyone who reads. Her autobiography is at the top of the list of best sellers, translated into multiple languages and it is just 100 and some pages long. So maybe short is better in this day. I don't think I will make it to her standard but it gives me hope.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015, 01:24 PM by The People.)
06-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Book update
we admire your perseverance on the book - it's a major thing to write it all down. glad you are making progress.
06-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Book update
Thanks Mosaic. It has also been healing on many levels. Yes I am still multiple and yes I still have issues but it has allowed me to look at things through mature eyes and see some things in a different light..
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone seen this book? The People 2 2,119 01-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Last Post: nats
News/Information A Book We Read The People 0 1,504 04-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Last Post: The People
Doing okay book update The People 0 1,817 10-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Last Post: The People
  The Book The People 3 2,894 04-18-2014, 04:05 AM