What's Your Greatest Success As a Multiple?
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Question  What's Your Greatest Success As a Multiple?
When we thought about making this post, we originally were going to ask, "What's been your biggest breakthrough in your journey as a multiple?" But then we realized that success isn't necessarily measured by breakthroughs; often it's the little things that end up having the greatest positive effect.

For us, one of the most helpful things was realizing that we don't have to fit into a mold. There's so much diversity in the multiple community, as there is in society at large. We can accept who we are and nurture who we are, even though most of the world may never truly know us.

Another success is learning to be patient with ourselves even when we don't progress as quickly as we'd like. This cultivation of patience is ongoing for us.

And one of our biggest successes of all is when we heal enough to be able to release even a little of the pain that we've carrying around with us.

What's been your greatest success in your journey as multiple? How do you recognize the "little" successes as well as the bigger ones?

MDs
05-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: What's Your Greatest Success As a Multiple?
Bad time to ask this question. Will come back when I can think about it. I do have answers they are just like is-matched jigsaws right now.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
One of our successes, is learning how to trust. I personally didn't think it was possible to ever trust anyone but I have been proven wrong. I am able to trust someone. This is something we are continually working on but have found that some people can be trusted. We have realized the people that have earned our trust lose it not because they have done something to us but we because we get scared they are getting to close and we take it away from them. Like I said it is still a work in progress but we are making head way.
Great post btw!
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
raising a child. most who knew us pre-pregnancy would never have imagined we could manage and our poor mother certainly didn't provide much of a role model. yet, perhaps surprisingly to some, we are at least as good as average and perhaps in some ways better. can't say the same for other relationships, but you asked about success ;-)
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-25-2015, 03:23 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: What's Your Greatest Success As a Multiple?
Congrats to both of you, and thanks. We identify with learning to trust, and it's a big issue for us at the moment.

MDs
05-25-2015, 01:52 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I think for me the biggest success is when I reach out to help others. Not always financially. Sometimes it is just helping someone with directions. This week I volunteered in a Head Start pre-school where I felt totally at home. When I worked I was most often the one who helped out with unrequested jobs like staying to tidy up after party. (Except for doing other peoples dishes). When I help others I forget about my own issues. It doesn't make them less important, just more bearable.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Agree  RE: What's Your Greatest Success As a Multiple?
Reaching out to help others. Yes. It not only empowers them, but it empowers us as well.

Someday, when our life in general is less stressful, we'd like to volunteer at an animal shelter.

MDs
05-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Website Find Reply
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
My greatest success as a multiple who realized that was going on or as a multiple who hadn't yet learned the truth of how we are put together?
Looking back, with the new knowledge of our internal reality, it seems like arriving at a point where healing work can happen is the greatest success. I've accomplished a lot, though wish to do more. But for the moment, getting more stable is the priority. I hope my greatest success lies ahead!
05-30-2015, 06:19 AM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
https://www.facebook.com/aurelie.bentueferrer/videos/10205198505494814

It's a bird my sister resecued in the street, not a success totally yetBig Grin
05-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question multiple battles nats 5 3,779 02-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Last Post: The People
  fear of success? mosaic 5 4,131 10-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Cammy
Doing okay Two defines being multiple The People 4 3,932 09-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: The People
Just talking Well-Made News Video About Multiple Personality MakersDozn 4 5,079 04-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  going to college as a multiple kittyfamily 4 3,256 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Last Post: The Warren