Overwhelmed
canucklady1971 Offline

Threads: 8
Overwhelmed
It happens every year, I get triggered by anniversary dates coming up. I should be used to it, but every year I think it will be different yet it isn't.

Just tired of getting triggered so easily. So many things have happened in past and I can't seem to control the nightmares.

It is like my brain in stuck on repeat and every year I remember more and more of what happened when I was younger. I don't even know what is real anymore.

I called my psychologist and I have appt with her tomorrow, but now not even sure if it will help.

Part of me wants to just give up, part of me is saying I can't trust anyone, and another part is thinking none of the memories are true.

I get up every morning and dread facing the day, yet then a part of me just gets up and just goes through the motions.

Then last week at psychiatrist's office, another therapist opens the door while we were still in session, we got triggered big time, not sure why. On top of the previous trigger of a bunch of teenagers hanging out at entrance of doctor's office, which freaked me out as well.

Just triggers upon triggers lately, on top of anniversary reaction. Just too much sometimes.

Not sure what the point is really.
10-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Friendship/Support  RE: Overwhelmed
I am sorry! This can be a very difficult time of year. You are not alone.
Sitting with you if that's ok.
10-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Overwhelmed
Hi canucklady. We're sorry that you're going through a difficult time, and we're sending you good thoughts.

We can certainly understand why you'd be upset by having someone open the door while you were in session. Another therapist, of all people, should know better than to do this. It's hard enough for a client to feel safe without having to deal with this kind of boundary invasion.

Have you told your pdoc that you were upset by this?

MDs
10-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply