Mosaic Minds Community Forums
fishing story - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Town Square (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: fishing story (/showthread.php?tid=914)

fishing story - Reilly - 07-29-2013

Thought I would share a delightful experience I had today fishing with two of my son's parts.
One of my son's older parts likes to fish and uses it as a coping technique to reduce stress. We live close to a beautiful park with a large lake and he fishes frequently. For the past couple of months, much to his dismay, he hasn't caught a thing. So this afternoon we again headed to the park so he could hopefully catch something. He tried for about twenty minutes but failed to catch anything. That's when a much younger part emerged and explained that he was going to fish and his goal was to catch at least five fish. I smiled at him and went back to reading a book I had brought. A few minutes later he reeled in his first fish. He chuckled, happy with his catch. The older part came back out and couldn't believe it. He was a bit annoyed that he hadn't caught it. Then the younger part returned and spent the next hour catching six more fish!!!! "Why?" the older part wanted to know. "I sit here for months and nothing. He comes out and catches seven fish." I had no explanation. Everyone loves this younger part so I simply said, "he's golden and has the Midas touch." This young part cannot walk so to add insult to injury the older part got to carry the younger part's bountiful catch to our car. It was a good afternoon. Life with a child with parts is NEVER dull!!!!!

RE: fishing story - The People - 08-07-2013

(07-29-2013, 10:20 PM)Reilly Wrote: Thought I would share a delightful experience I had today fishing with two of my son's parts.
One of my son's older parts likes to fish and uses it as a coping technique to reduce stress. We live close to a beautiful park with a large lake and he fishes frequently. For the past couple of months, much to his dismay, he hasn't caught a thing. So this afternoon we again headed to the park so he could hopefully catch something. He tried for about twenty minutes but failed to catch anything. That's when a much younger part emerged and explained that he was going to fish and his goal was to catch at least five fish. I smiled at him and went back to reading a book I had brought. A few minutes later he reeled in his first fish. He chuckled, happy with his catch. The older part came back out and couldn't believe it. He was a bit annoyed that he hadn't caught it. Then the younger part returned and spent the next hour catching six more fish!!!! "Why?" the older part wanted to know. "I sit here for months and nothing. He comes out and catches seven fish." I had no explanation. Everyone loves this younger part so I simply said, "he's golden and has the Midas touch." This young part cannot walk so to add insult to injury the older part got to carry the younger part's bountiful catch to our car. It was a good afternoon. Life with a child with parts is NEVER dull!!!!!

While I do not fish the clue might be what you said about the younger one not walking. If he cannot walk he is probably much better at sitting still (some of mine are better at this than others). Perhaps the older boy could practice being still and see if that helps. Many good fishing people find that the best part of it is that it is like a form of meditation. So it would be a double win!