Mosaic Minds Community Forums
we did it :) - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Town Square (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: we did it :) (/showthread.php?tid=2383)

we did it :) - dreamers - 05-12-2017

guess wat? we saved our money like no treets for almost 2 yrs and we gotted Daniel a iphone. Dis meens we can do more togefer like eet meals wif cameras on both sides for speshial occasions if you are chr pleese pray that it dosent disapeer inna mail. now we just gotta save way more to visit big cant gets a mishonary job der until we hab visited

RE: we did it :) - Cammy - 05-12-2017

How nice about the phone dreamers. I hope you can get a missionary position that works for you. Sometimes starting small on a local level through an established organization is a good way to build your resume and reputation. Bank rolling your own missionary trip is extremely expensive and complicated, which is why finding a way to do this through established organizations may be the most realistic way to go. I believe if you pray on it and are patient, something will eventually present itself. It is important to keep an open mind because we often have a fixed idea of exactly the way in which we want to serve, only to find that an opportunity presents itself that is nothing the way we envisioned it. I found that starting small like just helping at a food bank or volunteering with youth camps was valuable in building my credibility. Overseas missionary work often entails special skill sets like being a doctor, registered nurse, a certified teacher, or a specific technician or consultant of some sort. Because of this it can be hard to obtain such a posting. I've found that serving in my local community to be a way to serve while letting the people who need to get to know me and my skill sets. it is no less important to serve the homeless meals in your own community than to engineer fresh water systems overseas. I hope you find what you seek and that you are able to help in your own community while you wait for something bigger to come your way. As you know the bottom line is His will.

RE: we did it :) - dreamers - 05-12-2017

We don't have to do a mission trip just our church's mission organization said " unless you have been to whereever on vacation at least once we won't hire you to work there". We have done short term missions other places. We went to bible college and our pastor is more than on board with us going its just we have to go on vacation first lol

RE: we did it :) - nats - 05-13-2017

hi dreamers, why do they want you to have gone on vacation somewhere first? guessing it has something to do with making sure you're ok with a place, but vacations are a lot different from placements anyway, so not sure we really understand the logic. just curious.

RE: we did it :) - Cammy - 05-14-2017

Dreamers: That is so strange that they want you to have visited the place before they will send you on a mission there. Like nats pointed out, however, maybe they want to be sure you are comfortable in that environment, but still, that's awfully odd in my opinion. Do you know why they have this rule Dreamers? I too am curious.

RE: we did it :) - dreamers - 05-22-2017

that and they figure if God isn't behind the idea enough to help you manage a vacation, you are likely called elsewhere.

RE: we did it :) - nats - 05-23-2017

so, it must be expensive to be a missionary then?

RE: we did it :) - dreamers - 05-29-2017

yes, it can be, you usually have to raise funds through your local church, and through prayer support newsletters. Basically, the sending group provides all of your needs. ( this chat just gave me an idea).

we just moved recently so we don't have a home church yet. But once we do we could bring up what those in admin told us... maybe they will help with the initial trip.