Mosaic Minds Community Forums
Can this be done? - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Town Square (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Can this be done? (/showthread.php?tid=2200)

Can this be done? - Cammy - 09-28-2016

My host personality has been through a lot lately and has accumulated a moderate amount of trauma. Now, it is becoming less stable and more reactive than I care to have it be. I was thinking of working on engineering a new personality - one that is shiny and new and has most of the current emotional flaws removed. Can this be done? 

I know that most of us have a 'public persona' that runs like a screen saver so that we present a consistent personality to the outside world, but this is not what I am referring to. I am talking about actually creating a new persona that will become my host personality. The current host I feel needs to be hibernated, to rest, to recuperate and I am weary of the amount of trauma that it is carrying. I've started trying to work on the new personality - its attitudes, its feelings, and the way it relates to the world. But is this possible? Have any of you done this before, or tried it, and has it worked? If any of you have any ideas or opinions on this matter, please let me know. If I am pioneering a new thing, I will be glad to let everyone know from time to time how it is going. It really would be wonderful if this is possible, at least that is what I think, but I may also just be creating more problems for myself. I just don't know.

Thank you for your anticipated input.

RE: Can this be done? - The People - 09-29-2016

We have not been able to create a new persona. However, some of us came forward and took over together when the root person went inside for good. She does put in an appearance now and again these days but she is still not to be left on her own. Perhaps a few of your stronger selves could 'shine up' together.

RE: Can this be done? - nats - 09-30-2016

we did something along the lines of what you're describing when we became a mother, as nobody had any caring maternal experiences or knowledge. it was essentially combining a few of the calmer, most loving, less misanthropic fragments together into a 'mother' person who has since contributed to most of the fronting. it's worked quite well overall.

RE: Can this be done? - Cammy - 10-01-2016

Yes, since proposing the idea I have discovered that in actuality my psyche was preparing me for the new persona to become my current host. Once I realized that the process was taking place by itself naturally without any conscious effort on my part, that's when the little light bulb went on with it's "aha!" I am finding that each host, as the years go by, seems to have a smaller compartment for storing trauma. Once sated, a change occurs. I didn't quite see this one coming, but in view of a continuing series of negative events piling up on top of one another, I guess my current host, who has been fairly stable since about 2011, has finally decided to 'retire'. She felt like she was standing on a large hemisphere of pure ice and seemed to just keep slipping off the mound - continually of late.

My new host is fortunately standing on flat, solid ground, and is doing quite well. She definitely has a greater degree of maturity and emotional intelligence and control. Each new host through time seems to always have evolved into a better version of ME, so I am well-pleased with this latest upgrade (now I sound like I'm describing a computer system, but this pretty much accurately depicts the process I have been through since a child). All the best personality traits of my last host are still there, but many of the negative reactive components are gone. Much of the recent trauma memory is also fading and becoming increasingly difficult to access. Upwards and onwards I guess.

Just to be on the safe side, however, I am seeing my D.I.D. T next week to be sure that all is well. I can say that this host is the best I have ever been, and the sheer pleasure of not having to expend copious amounts of energy to run it as I would a 'social interphase' is quite refreshing. I can only wonder how long this one will be able to last in the world of rude, impatient, disrespectful, and uncaring people that we so often run across. I am hoping that she possesses a species of resilience superior to my previous hosts, but that is yet to be tested OUT THERE in the big wide world of peoploids.

Thank you all for your considerate comments and for sharing your experiences with me. It is very much appreciated.

Igraine

RE: Can this be done? - The People - 10-02-2016

Good luck Igraine.

RE: Can this be done? - Cammy - 10-03-2016

thanks People...I think my new host is going to serve me extremely well.