Mosaic Minds Community Forums
We found an apartment - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Town Square (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: We found an apartment (/showthread.php?tid=1920)

We found an apartment - The People - 09-07-2015

We looked at it yesterday and it is a cute little place. No carpet yay! It had been damaged by the previous tenant and needs work but that will be done quickly. He haggled over the move in date and agreed to Saturday, prorated. I have to go back to my other place and organize my stuff.

I went on Saturday to check on mail. The father was home and with the family gone he was much calmer. He had moved my stuff into the garage but it is willy nilly as he had to get it out quickly. I apologized for swearing at him and he just nodded. Everything will have to be washed and I will most likely have to replaced my mattress. It was due anyway but wasn't budgeted for. None of this was.

Staying in a hotel is no longer an adventure. We keep some food here as there is a bar sized fridge. But we have to eat out at least 1 x daily and buy our coffee as the little machine sucks.

We got very depressed this evening but did some writing and feel better.

BTW, the orange cat that passed through our lives is very happy being in he country. They like her more than I did. And she loves having room to run and play. It is good that I moved her before I got attached to her as this new place is pet free.

RE: We found an apartment - nats - 09-07-2015

good luck with the new place!

RE: We found an apartment - mosaic - 09-07-2015

glad you found something. hoping it will be a good place for you.

RE: We found an apartment - MakersDozn - 09-07-2015

Good news all around! Nice new place, rent prorated for September, no carpet. And your formerly adopted kitty is happy in her new home. Does it bother peak and two that this new place doesn't allow pets?

MDs

RE: We found an apartment - The People - 09-08-2015

They have not weighed in on that. As far as Two is concerned nobody will ever replace 'the baby'. We got the grey kitty at 8 weeks and she brought Two to the forefront. Frustration over this kitty tagging her feet. Peak figures we will move again sometime and get another kitty then. Interestingly Two always wanted a doggie. we looked after friends dogs for a bit. Two has decided that she no longer wants a dog as they are too much work. She just has to make sure the litter is clean and the bowl has food and water. And she gets to sleep as long as she wants.

RE: We found an apartment - rainbows - 09-10-2015

How Happy we are for you ! That is a BIG thing to find the right apt for yous. All like it, feel Safe there.
We very much do not like carpeting either.
May it be a place way better than you ever expected.
from rainbows

RE: We found an apartment - MakersDozn - 09-10-2015

We're inclined to agree with peak. As long as you guys are happy with this place, that's what counts. Looking forward to hearing more as you settle in.

MDs

RE: We found an apartment - The People - 09-11-2015

Thanks everybody.