Mosaic Minds Community Forums
Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Town Square (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive (/showthread.php?tid=1633)

Pages: 1 2

Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - MakersDozn - 02-22-2015

Hello MM community members,

About two months ago, a couple of topics were posted here on the Town Square forum to encourage more discussion among community members:

What Would You Like to Talk About?
http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=1561

Know what I like about this place?
http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=1571

People brought up dealing with internal conflict and with the consequences of our actions; finding healthy ways to express feelings, and taking charge of our healing. A number of folks said that they appreciate that this site encourages respectful discussion and acceptance of differences. Those of us who've been around here for a while often share how much participating in this site has been a part of our healing and growth.

What can we as individuals and as a community do to keep Mosaic Minds thriving? What are some things that might encourage new members or shy members to post? And since every member has supplied an email address in order to register, might a judicious occasional email to members let folks know that we appreciate them and encourage them to make the site a greater part of their healing journey?

What do you think about these ideas? Do you have any other ideas? What can we do to make the most of our membership here? Let's hear from you!

MDs

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - The People - 02-23-2015

I am confused. I thought these were new questions but stuff seems to be missing from the pages.

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - MakersDozn - 02-23-2015

Both of the threads that we mention load fine for us. Have you refreshed your browser? The links should each open in a new window, but other than that, they're regular links.

We're interested to hear what you think about the topic, since you have so many good ideas.

MDs

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - The People - 02-23-2015

I went to Google and looked at a few pages that discussed this topic we have at hand. One guy needed help with his own page but some of these ideas made sense to me. I don't know how to implement them of course but there might be some tips that will bring us further to the top of the page. For example, could our home page be more of an advertising page and our usual page come after that? Is it time to move that page or change it? Yes it is a wonderful poem and it is what we want but if that is what greets people when they come here does it encourage them to keep looking?

http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/google.shtml

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - MakersDozn - 02-23-2015

Definitely something worth considering. We've thought of this as well, and we believe that it's important to make it as easy as possible for newcomers to get from the homepage to the forums. Of course, having other content is important, but it's membership that drives a site's ability to provide the other content.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MDs

PS: Just a quick comment on search engine optimization, which you mentioned in an earlier thread (we're trying to contain the discussion to this thread now). As nats said, SEO is indeed expensive. It's an industry unto itself, a moneymaker for people who know how to make a living providing it.

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - The People - 02-28-2015

Yes I saw the response and expected that answer. But never hurts to ask.

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - orek - 03-04-2015

I know I'm drawn back when receiving an email alert after someone responds to my post or to a thread I've subscribed to. The site used to provide such emails, but not anymore. Can that be re-implemented?

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - MakersDozn - 03-08-2015

orek,

Are you saying that you select "subscribe and receive emails," and you don't receive the emails?

If we're having a technical issue in this regard, we can bring it to the attention of the other site staff.

MDs

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - orek - 03-10-2015

MDs, it seems I recall doing something like that previously, but when I went to my CP page to double-check, I couldn't find that option anywhere TO select. Pray thee tell, where would one find it? (Also, I seem to recall someone else mentioning the email option being lost after the upgrade. Dunno.)

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - tweeter - 03-11-2015

Hi orek,
That might have been me. Been ages since my clicking for a thread subscription came to anything.

To mention another factor, I'm from the ancient days of Divided Hearts. I remember that website as having distinctive spatial qualities. Like Mouse Mountain, complete with a picture, with its Native American atmosphere. Heck, I "went" there. The place, the website, felt organically alive, which is not the easiest thing to do.

The times, they are a changin'.
tweeter

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - MakersDozn - 03-13-2015

The option still exists. Where you see the three choices (one is blank now, but we think it's still functional), click the third one to subscribe and receive emails.

If for some reason this still doesn't work, let folks know here. The site is also in need of more techie help, so if anyone has any ideas on this matter, please say so as well.

MDs

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - tweeter - 03-15-2015

Yes, I know how to subscribe to a thread and get notifications. When I first joined the website, it worked well. But I wrote in March of 2013 of this same problem: No notifications. The function returned for a short time, and then poof, to this day. I've gotten used to it.
tweeter

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - MakersDozn - 03-15-2015

The site has several tech problems that need to be addressed, but we're short of tech support. One of the things needed is to find a volunteer who's sufficiently knowledgeable about MyBB forum software, and who can work respectfully with our community.

If anyone reading knows such a person, please ask them to contact community (at) mosaicminds.org.

MDs

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - The People - 03-22-2015

I called a guy I know the other night. Couldn't find the site where the program - MyBB - was written. I will give him a call tomorrow again. He is a very gentle man. He is not DID but has been introduced to the wild and wonderful world of the mental health system. I will leave the rest for him to share should he choose to take on this mission. His partner was my friend but I never knew him that well until after we all lost the friend/partner. The man teaches something to do with computers but I don't know what exactly. Will keep people posted one way or another. If he doesn't have knowledge or time he may know someone else who fits the criteria MD laid out.

RE: Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive - orek - 03-22-2015

Thanks, People. That'd be great.