Mosaic Minds Community Forums
So what do you think - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Town Square (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: So what do you think (/showthread.php?tid=1148)

So what do you think - The People - 02-07-2014

of the new place? So glad you cannot actually see it as it is still bedlam. Moving from a 1 bedroom to a bachelor half its size has been crazy. I cleared out a lot of stuff before I moved and am continuing to do so daily. Some stuff was supposed to be picked up and wasn't so I am giving it to the Landlord. One is a huge bin that could be used as a baby crib.... well one would have to drill some holes. The other is my Christmas tree. It has been up 2x in the 10 years I have had it and while the box is mushed the tree is good. I have no room to either store or place it and really don't care. I will go through some of my ornament and dole them out to various places and people. I will keep some special ones but not too many. That will be half a day in itself.

Saw T on Wednesday which was meltdown day. I think Young Catherine was out who thinks she has to fix everything and then walks the plank when she cannot do it. T was really good and gave us some suggestions that helped. And just letting it out helped too.

My landlord is a treasure. So we will live with the fact that he never has time to vacuum. My walls are cement so I can blast my music when I want. He has not issues with me putting tacks in the wall etc. As mentioned in a previous post the last guy was an idiot about many things and nails was one of them $5 per hole after 5 holes. I am getting my full DD back. I didn't get it in writing in the beginning that they would pay in full if I was able to get out a day early. I was still there cleaning when the guy came to paint but it was well cleaned. Better than I had ever done previously and I was ready to die from exhaustion.

The girl at the office got mad because I kept writing and asking if the full refund was still on. She wouldn't respond. Finally I made a veiled threat (how would it look if a man who made a fortune selling land for a new arena was ripping off a woman on a disability?) and she responded yes with a tangent on my pestering her and yes I would receive it even if I didn't stick to the agreement. I wrote back that all she had to do was say yes or no and I would have stopped writing. And as for my not following through as per her request, I suggested that next time she put something like that in writing. I couldn't remember what she had said.

I am tired and discombobulated but I have calmed down and will have more money at the end of the month.Rootbeer

RE: So what do you think - nats - 02-07-2014

congratulations! moving is stressful no matter what and sounds like you all did really well ThumU.

RE: So what do you think - Reilly - 02-07-2014

Moving definitely brings stress. Glad it all worked out.

RE: So what do you think - mosaic - 02-07-2014

your new place sounds very cozy. it's really a chore to move. hope you can get settled in soon.

RE: So what do you think - The People - 02-08-2014

Thanks everybody. It is coming slowly but surely. I just did a space saver by taking all of my CDs out of the boxes and will put them all in one folder. The plastic boxes fill a small box and the new sleeve is the thickness of a kid's chapter book only longer. Time for peppermint tea and bed.