2nd T appointment aka making littles happy
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Happy  2nd T appointment aka making littles happy
A while back (years) we made a list of selves willing to be acknowledged with a brief description of their personalities, roles, likes etc. Each new T we start with gets a copy of it. After our first meeting with new T we sent it to her. Then we sent a list of things we still need to work on. Like fear (and Fear) panic and other things.

Yesterday we had our second appointment with her. Even without the special thing we really felt like she knows her stuff and will be a good match.

On Sunday we spilled a teapot we had just filled. We have no ability to rate when something is just a nuisance or needs immediate attention. At 8 o'clock on a Sunday night we had no option but to go to Emerg. We were treated like crap, especially by the b*tch that was working when we informed her that we were leaving having been unseen.
"Fine"
"Do you want to know my name in case you call me?"
"I know wh you are." All in that sh*tty attitude voice that some nurses get. Prior to that she had been talking with a paramedic. I didn't clue in that she was doing an intake and she snapped "Just a minute." She didn't know if I was having a heart attack.

I had told one of the other nurses with much need to explain that the burn triggered me and I had DID and what should happen if a little presents when we see the doctor. She was almost eye rolling but it has happened in the past.

We got home at 2ish and spent an hour writing a very angry letter to H. The next day we called because we felt the need to talk to someone so we were sure they comprehended what we were saying.

T was really understanding of this. Of how difficult it is to know how to scale an injury. She said that with trauma survivors there is often this huge scale labelled 'fine' like when I went a whole year with UTI and not knowing I had an issue. And she understood not knowing how bad the burn was. She said it was a good teaching opportunity. I did come home and email her saying I was tired of teaching opportunities and having to explain.

The big thing... a present! A PURPLE book filled with mandalas. She explained that they were for calming the littles down. And bigs. She was going to give us some pages but decided to give us the book complete with colouring pencils. Now tell me how happy your littles would be!

And a goodincidence. Over the past several years, probably 8-9 we have looked at Ts and others as candleholders. We have to walk the path but people come into our lives who hold candles so we can see to find our way.

She has named her private practice after.... something. The name means torch bearer. And she explained her feeling about T; pretty much in the way we explained it with our candle holders. How amazing is that?

So we wrote last T who we still miss and told her that while we do still miss her we think she did a good job in finding someone to guide us along the next part of our journey. That [new T name] is not [old T name} but that she makes a good [new T name] Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

09-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: 2nd T appointment aka making littles happy
your new T sounds really good! so glad you have her for the next part of your journey.
09-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Saadly two is attacked. She liked the page title which said Hoponopono. But then we read something about forgiveness at the bottom of the page and emailed T to tell her that this was not an option and she would not be colouring this page. The sayings in the book seems to be yoga type stuff with Chakras etc. Maybe we will start there.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: 2nd T appointment aka making littles happy
Your new T sounds like a keeper. Glad you've found her.

We hope two knows that she has a choice of which mandalas she colors. And that she finds some that she likes.

MDs
09-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

(09-20-2013, 03:29 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Your new T sounds like a keeper. Glad you've found her.

We hope two knows that she has a choice of which mandalas she colors. And that she finds some that she likes.

MDs

As I am sure you know mandalas have so many intricacies that it is no wonder they are good stress relievers. She has chosen to continue on with this page although flipping to others at times. She informed the cats that ne w T was not telling her she has to forgive. And the word at the top of the page is H'oponopnono which has become her mantra. Many of these pages have wording and concepts that I find in yoga. Names of chakras etc. Cool book. Sucky 'colour pencils'. We cannot find our crayolas but they are here somewhere. She prefers crayon but the little bits are too small for crayons. As usual Two figures out what is best for her and leaves the rest.
09-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure Have your littles done play therapy? The People 1 2,047 09-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Last Post: mosaic
  How Do I know If I'm Making it Up Shadows 13 8,425 10-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: just peachy
  making an album angel with wings 4 4,026 09-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Last Post: angel with wings
Question Sibling rilvary b/t Littles? The People 5 3,609 10-31-2014, 02:03 AM
Last Post: The People
  appointment today Tangled Web 4 4,049 10-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web