The trouble of seeing what others don't
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   The trouble of seeing what others don't
I am pretty sure I am not alone here in having an ability to read people more than most others can. It is a way of staying safe but it also makes us an outsider quite often. I don't want to go into details but we were at a wedding last week and we got angry at someone. Rightly so but the powers that be twisted it all around and I am the bad guy. Yes I got angry but I had a very good reason for doing so. People decided to make a huge issue of it to the bride and groom. It took until today for me to figure out why they gave me the cold shoulder all night. The main culprit here is an *ss. A few of us recognize it and he has made the people he works with miserable. I know tis because I was friends with them.

But I am tired of being the bad guy because people do not see the horns sticking out of certain peoples halos. AngryUndecided
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: The trouble of seeing what others don't
We hear you. We see things that others don't, and we end up basically being punished for trying to keep ourselves and others safe.

We're sorry that this happened to you.

MDs
09-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: The trouble of seeing what others don't
Yes, I do. And yes I have be so treated. Really something how convoluted situations can become.

There's something about the sort(s) of perceptions and understanding alluded to that make them unwise to describe to people who don't function that way. I had chosen to go half way along those lines, thinking I was doing the right thing. That's how I've gotten set up as a scapegoat by one or both sides. One way it can turn out.

I don't say as much as I used to, try to help as much, even when asked. It seems that's what was best to do all along. There are exceptions, but that's what they are, exceptions.
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't believe it! The People 0 1,190 01-31-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: The People
Angry where do you go when you don't fit anywhere? Dreamscapes Collectives 2 2,539 04-02-2015, 02:25 PM
  Drinking n don't know why Downtherabbithole 4 3,576 04-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Sad Don't want to go The People 2 2,579 11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Sad I don't know how to rate this The People 4 3,810 08-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn