What's goin on man?
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Angry  What's goin on man?
WTF? We got yet another new insider. His name is CC an he's 8. He says he came thro the door at the back of our room (which isn't always there). AN he says there's a party goin on behind that door!! Why weren't i invited?!! - No but really, what if this party of people all come thro the f***in door? There's 7 of us now. I know that may not seem a lot to many of yous but we're f***in growin fast! Is there any way we can stop this party of people comin thro that door? Like imaginin the door to be gone or summit? Would that work? Any ideas on this would be much appreciated. I don't know how some of yous handle havin so many insiders. I'm screamin out for help wit 7!!!! Sorry if that p***es some people off man.
Blue.Angry
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
08-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Friendship/Support  RE: What's goin on man?
My son is poly fragmented, meaning he has too many parts to count. When I think I have met them all, new parts emerge. I think this is a good thing. They usually do not control the body for long periods of time. They want to be validated and appreciated, simply express their feelings and spend time with me. Most have not been "out" in years. Some have been locked away in darker internal worlds and now they are coming to a happier place. I always ask them if they have friends and/or pets with them and suggest they bring them to the happier place too. This is all a part of the healing process. Be glad they are coming forward!
Sitting with you on this journey.
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: What's goin on man?
(08-21-2013, 07:02 PM)Blue Wrote: WTF? We got yet another new insider. His name is CC an he's 8. He says he came thro the door at the back of our room (which isn't always there). AN he says there's a party goin on behind that door!! Why weren't i invited?!! - No but really, what if this party of people all come thro the f***in door? There's 7 of us now. I know that may not seem a lot to many of yous but we're f***in growin fast! Is there any way we can stop this party of people comin thro that door? Like imaginin the door to be gone or summit? Would that work? Any ideas on this would be much appreciated. I don't know how some of yous handle havin so many insiders. I'm screamin out for help wit 7!!!! Sorry if that p***es some people off man.
Blue.Angry

Can understand your frusteration with the newcomers but to be honest just like Reilly said they are not a bad thing. This means that you are at a place in your life that you are starting to feel safe enough that they can start to come forward and be known for the first time. It means you are starting to work through the past and heal and that in itself is a good thing and yet a scary thing in itself. We started out with just about 6 or 7 of us I think in the beginning. We are up to 21 as of now but we always know that we can have more or less at any time. Some could intergrate and go away and some new ones could always come forward. Try to stay open minded that the news ones are now coming forward because they feel safe enough to do so and make them feel like that they are because it will help in the end. We work with one another and pair up with one another to try and help each other. So every one of us has at least one other person we can always turn to if we need to talk or want to. That doesn't mean we are required to but we have that option if we want to. And we can always talk to someone other than that as well but we have at least one person that is "our" go to person so that we don't feel so alone and for us that helps to not feel so alone. Especially when working though hard times if you know what I mean. Hope my rambling helps even if just a little bit as I am sitting here in pain but felt like I really needed to respond to this post as I remember the feeling on this when it first started to happen to us years ago! Keep in touch.

Andi
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
08-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Cheers Reilly an Andi, your posts have made me feel a lot better. Sorry to hear you're in pain Andi. Sendin out waves a comfort to ya.
Blue,
08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Seconding what Reilly and Andi said. Meeting others is a good thing. As our previous T used to say, "There's wisdom in the system." Others introduce themselves when the system is able to handle it.

We first realized we were multi in 1996. Five or so people made themselves known at first, but very quickly we were up to 13. Hence the name MakersDozn, which is a play on "baker's dozen." We spell it the way we do because we used to be on AOL, and at the time AOL had a 10-character limit on nicknames.

Anyway, over the next seven years or so, we met about five or six new people a year. Two of the initial group dissipated when we realized they were just constructs or roles that we thought that we had to have. Everyone else (47 total) has remained and evolved as we heal. We haven't met anyone new since 2003, when one of the kids realized that we had found everybody.

Hope this helps.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 12:36 PM by MakersDozn.)
08-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Website Find Reply
Blue Offline

(08-25-2013, 12:34 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Seconding what Reilly and Andi said. Meeting others is a good thing. As our previous T used to say, "There's wisdom in the system." Others introduce themselves when the system is able to handle it.

We first realized we were multi in 1996. Five or so people made themselves known at first, but very quickly we were up to 13. Hence the name MakersDozn, which is a play on "baker's dozen." We spell it the way we do because we used to be on AOL, and at the time AOL had a 10-character limit on nicknames.

Anyway, over the next seven years or so, we met about five or six new people a year. Two of the initial group dissipated when we realized they were just constructs or roles that we thought that we had to have. Everyone else (47 total) has remained and evolved as we heal. We haven't met anyone new since 2003, when one of the kids realized that we had found everybody.

Hope this helps.

MDs

Yo MDs,
Yea it does help, cheers. I like that "there's wisdom in the system"!!! We're at 7 now and started as only 3. We stayed at 3 for quite some time, then 2 others came through and now in the past month 2 more. CC came through a door at the back of our internal room. He stated that there's a party goin on out there of around 10 people! Do ya reckon all these people will eventually come through that door?
Blue.
08-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
(08-25-2013, 02:51 PM)Blue Wrote: Do ya reckon all these people will eventually come through that door?
Blue.

Well, we wouldn't want to make any assumptions, but we would try to be as open-minded as possible. New people revealed themselves to us in different ways, depending on the situation. We found that the less we resisted the change, the easier the transition became.

It does get better.

MDs
08-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Blue Offline

Cheers MDs. Yet another newcomer has arrived just today. She came through the same door as CC. Looks like we're gonna have to get used to this happening!!
Blue.
08-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Find Reply