When you screw up an appt or whatever
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  When you screw up an appt or whatever
Tomorrow I go for the 4th attempt to have an ultrasound. Slept through first time, went to wrong place second time and as we were stuck behind a train there was no point in even trying to get to the other place. 3rd time right place wrong time... and today we cannot find the paper for the test order. I remember her writing the date and time on paper. Handing it to me. I was so distressed. I have a new doctor who is very patient with us and trying to understand but we frustrate ourselves. It is like when we screw up we just keep adding cars to the out of control train and expect that somebody will just explode at us like they did at the last place where we lived. Comments? I need a worker.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: When you screw up an appt or whatever
The People,

We are horrible are not only remembering our appointments but also making them from time to time for different reasons. Sometimes for good ones and sometimes just because we make them up. We have found our best way to at least have a chance at all at remembering when they are is we list them in three places. One our calendar (we have one on our phone so it gives us a reminder that day), Two we take our appt card/paper and we post it on our fridge the second we get home with it or it gets lost into no mans land. And three we use our mom as a back up system by calling her and telling her the date as she is our patient advocate so that she calls us the night before to remind us of the upcoming appointment the next day. Now this is not to say that it fixes us getting there every time. If it is a new doctors we look up directions days in advance to make sure we know exactly where we are going as we panic until the moment we walk into the right place. Then we panic after as it is a new place so we try to always have someone go with us to appointments if at all possible. Which in turn also helps with making sure we make it but that is not always a possibility. We have a great support network so in that we are lucky that they are understanding about going with and helping to remind. Would you have someone that you could trust to help you remember as well? Not sure if any of our rambling has helped but we hope it might give you some ideas on how to get to the appointment and help you remember as well.
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
08-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
(08-14-2013, 07:35 PM)dragonfairy Wrote: The People,

We are horrible are not only remembering our appointments but also making them from time to time for different reasons. Sometimes for good ones and sometimes just because we make them up. We have found our best way to at least have a chance at all at remembering when they are is we list them in three places. One our calendar (we have one on our phone so it gives us a reminder that day), Two we take our appt card/paper and we post it on our fridge the second we get home with it or it gets lost into no mans land. And three we use our mom as a back up system by calling her and telling her the date as she is our patient advocate so that she calls us the night before to remind us of the upcoming appointment the next day. Now this is not to say that it fixes us getting there every time. If it is a new doctors we look up directions days in advance to make sure we know exactly where we are going as we panic until the moment we walk into the right place. Then we panic after as it is a new place so we try to always have someone go with us to appointments if at all possible. Which in turn also helps with making sure we make it but that is not always a possibility. We have a great support network so in that we are lucky that they are understanding about going with and helping to remind. Would you have someone that you could trust to help you remember as well? Not sure if any of our rambling has helped but we hope it might give you some ideas on how to get to the appointment and help you remember as well.

I can place a card on my forehead and not notice it. When I worked it helped because I booked everything from the office and put it right into my day timer. Didn't mean there wasn't a mess at times but it was better. If I can get it onto my computer I will get a reminder and hope that the right person is out when the reminder pops up. Using the phone calendar doesn't work. It pops up and someone will not understand what it means and delete it. OY! Ah well. We were half hour late today but they still let us in. So the ultrasound is done 2 weeks later.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-15-2013, 03:06 AM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Don't know whether this will help, but we keep a book that we all write messages to eachother in. Our peer support worker suggested it to us and it really works. Not just for keeping appointments either. It's useful for communicating everything and i write down what i've been doing to fill my host, Angel in on what's been happening while i were in the body.
Anyway, hope that helps.
Cheers, Blue.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
08-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I use a reminder feature app on my iPhone. It won't let me forget anything. Sometimes we can't get to appts because one of my inner mes doesn't want to get there for whatever reason.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
08-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Find Reply